Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 13:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How can I Improve my verbal my exam is on 7th July

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 610 Q47 V28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 11

GMAT ToolKit User
How can I Improve my verbal my exam is on 7th July [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 03:32
Hello GMAT club community

I have preparing for the GMAT for around 8 month now and I still feel that I can't improve my verbal at all.
I took the GMAT tutor course and I was planning to do exam on mid of FEB but I noticed that I did't improve much in Verbal, So I stated preparing for verbal on my own tried almost all the books in the market and started reading the economist to improve my reading and vocabulary. But still I'm very bad

my weakest point I think is the RC. I'm not that bad in SC and CR while studying but in the practice exam I think I have time problems

below are my scores

GMAT Tutor #1 17 Jan 2013 510 Q36 V26
GMAT Tutor #2 24 Jan 2013 440 Q29 V23
GMAT Tutor #3 01 Feb 2013 510 Q46 V16

Then I took Kaplan test

I scored 600 & 620 with Q48. (don't know why I cant see the test review on Kaplan website )

Any advice for me ?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 294

Kudos [?]: 694 [0], given: 6

Re: How can I Improve my verbal my exam is on 7th July [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2013, 13:35
Expert's post
Simply reading economist won't get you anywhere in the near term. It's good for long-term improvement, but if your exam is coming up soon, you'll need to change the way you actually read. Try taking a look at this video http://www.gmatpill.com/practicequestio ... tions.html

Always actively ask yourself why the author is writing the passage. Is he pointing out something? Arguing for or against something? Where are the examples/support/evidence?

RC is something that takes time to improve - but once you do - you have it for life.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 610 Q47 V28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 11

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: How can I Improve my verbal my exam is on 7th July [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2013, 13:01
Thank you for your advice, I'm practicing as much as I can hopefully I will master it at the end.
Re: How can I Improve my verbal my exam is on 7th July   [#permalink] 16 Jun 2013, 13:01