Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 00:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How Did You Select Which Schools To Apply To?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
How Did You Select Which Schools To Apply To? [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 11:35
Hi all,

I'm in the very beginning stages of applying to b-school (I'm aiming for Fall 2008 admissions).

Right now, I'm trying to narrow down the schools I want to apply to. HOW DID YOU DECIDE WHICH SCHOOLS YOU WERE GOING TO APPLY TO?

I want a school that has a good marketing (particularly international marketing/business) program. Since I think I'm just an average application (OK GMAT, great GPA, OK work experience, good community service), I'm aiming for schools in the top 25-30 range.

Any tips on how to find schools that will suit my interests? Thanks a mil.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 11:39
Had to be a world class 1 year general management program. That alone narrowed my choice to just 2 schools ;)

http://onwardtomba.blogspot.com - MBA, GMAT, INSEAD - the journey.
My 7 GMAT Quant Strategies/Trap
My GMAT Debrief

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 14:00
necromonger wrote:
Had to be a world class 1 year general management program. That alone narrowed my choice to just 2 schools ;)

Let me guess: Cornell and Emory? :-D
My experience was that:ranking, news, websites, gmatclub :-D , speak to representatives, send some emails and visit to see if they are really responsive and nice (the best in this was Indiana University, the worst was George Washington, so that I dropped that school out immediately even though there were a scholarship for vietnamese in that school. People there were very absolutely arrogant and unfriendly, and I obviously didn't want to spend 2 years there)
The visit may be the best experiences. Through the visit, I regconized how great were Emory, Notre Dame, Indiana, Purude etc, that you may not know just by reading view book.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 14:09
necromonger is going for INSEAD from what I read...

rampup82: Thunderbird has a good international program, you may want to check that out.

I believe its yogurt!

Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 14:36
darren,

tch..tch..so US centric ;) well from all my research - only 2 1 year general mgmt programs are truly world class and can compare with the top 5 US schools, and those are INSEAD are IMD. Cornell/Kellogg have 1 year programs but they either have prior business pre-requisites or are only for people with other advanced degrees etc.

INSEAD seems very good, and IMD is close second though the problem with IMD is that the intake is just 90 people per year compared to 450 per intake for INSEAD. So it's a tough go.

http://onwardtomba.blogspot.com - MBA, GMAT, INSEAD - the journey.
My 7 GMAT Quant Strategies/Trap
My GMAT Debrief

[#permalink] 15 Dec 2006, 14:36