Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 16:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How do applicants handle this

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

How do applicants handle this [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2007, 07:31
One of my choices has already accepted me and is waiting for my confirmation. The problem is that the confirmation deadline comes before the announcement date of the other schools I applied to. If any of those other schools accept me, I would choose them over this school. What do applicants usually do in this scenario - is it acceptable to send the confirmation but then just withdraw if I get accepted in the others?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Posts: 65
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: How do applicants handle this [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2007, 07:38
VirtualM wrote:
One of my choices has already accepted me and is waiting for my confirmation. The problem is that the confirmation deadline comes before the announcement date of the other schools I applied to. If any of those other schools accept me, I would choose them over this school. What do applicants usually do in this scenario - is it acceptable to send the confirmation but then just withdraw if I get accepted in the others?


most likely you'll have to pay a deposit at the school you've been accepted to before you hear from the other one. I think most people handle this by preparing to eat the deposit if they get into their preferred school.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2007
Posts: 908
Schools: Kellogg '10
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2007, 14:12
Man that's a crappy situation, and really uncool on the part of the school.

Assuming you have to pay a deposit if you accept, I imagine that it's a matter of weighing your chances of acceptance at the other schools and the amount of the deposit.

A few hundred bucks is probably worth the opportunity. A few thousand is a different story.

Good luck!
  [#permalink] 26 Dec 2007, 14:12
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic How to best handle AWA and IR ? Skag55 10 01 Nov 2013, 06:12
Experts publish their posts in the topic How do I handle a negative squared number? Pillah 1 08 Aug 2012, 12:50
RC Strategy - How do others handle? jscott319 4 07 Nov 2010, 14:32
560 (Q49, V17) - how do I handle the beast - Verbal nfs 1 16 Oct 2010, 19:01
How not to handle your GSB interview rhyme 2 09 Nov 2006, 05:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

How do applicants handle this

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.