Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 22:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How do I boost this verbal score?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 0

How do I boost this verbal score? [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2008, 13:37
Guys...I've been on this board for over a year and need some help. With the help of all here I've managed to get my quant score from it's originally 33 to a strong 41! I'm so close but one thing is just holding me back...verbal. I only get a 33-35 on verbal every time. I've used the Manhattan GMAT materials but no help in boosting my score.

I'm a native English speaker so I just don't understand what is wrong. I typically get a even spread wrong on everything... 18 wrong total...7 wrong CR, 5 wrong RC, and 6 wrong SC....

What can I do?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross Class of 2011
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 86 [1] , given: 0

Re: How do I boost this verbal score? [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2008, 05:19
This post received
KUDOS
One Tip I was given for SC is that you should try to find the error in every sentence. Sometimes this is very hard, I find it a lot easier to figure out which sentence is right rather than why all the others are wrong. I've found this has helped me out a little in understanding what concepts are tested and how to spot SC mistakes.

I'd say the other two sections are harder to improve on because they aren't rule based like SC. I just natural seem good at CR and decent/good at reading. With all that said SC is still my worst part of verbal :-(
1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 87 [1] , given: 0

Re: How do I boost this verbal score? [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2008, 09:42
This post received
KUDOS
jimmyjamesdonkey wrote:
Guys...I've been on this board for over a year and need some help. With the help of all here I've managed to get my quant score from it's originally 33 to a strong 41! I'm so close but one thing is just holding me back...verbal. I only get a 33-35 on verbal every time. I've used the Manhattan GMAT materials but no help in boosting my score.

I'm a native English speaker so I just don't understand what is wrong. I typically get a even spread wrong on everything... 18 wrong total...7 wrong CR, 5 wrong RC, and 6 wrong SC....

What can I do?

Break it down further.

What type of SC?
What type of CR?
What type of RC?

SC is the easiest to improve. Also, remember, there's only about 2 good answers choices. You should be able to eliminate the other 3 rather quickly. Go from there and good luck.
Re: How do I boost this verbal score?   [#permalink] 10 Mar 2008, 09:42