Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 06:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

how do my chances look???

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

how do my chances look??? [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2005, 03:20
Hi!

I was hoping that you could evaluate my profile and help me position myself.

GMAT: 690
Undergrad GPA: 3.50(80% in INdia)
Major: Engineer

Extracurricular: Swimming, writing, Public speaking
Community Service: weekend volunteer for CRY(Child Relief and You)

Work Exp: 2.5 years as Oracle ERP(Enterprise resource Planning) Consultant for at a top Indian Software company. I have learnt not just technical expertise but also functional in the domain of human resource management. I realised that to be a top consultant knowledge of business is very important and a good MBA program could achieve that for me.
Have trained people in the technical areas of oracle ERP and also been in many projects and interacted with clients from the UK, Switzerland and the middle east.
Have landed myself a prestigious project to work for the World Health Organization(WHO). This in itself is a great responsibility that consultants with as little experience as me are given.
And I will be the only Oracle ERP consultant at a regional office of the Philippines till the end of rollout for this project. I will have 3 years of experience when the MBA program starts.

Applying for MBA, 2006
Short Term: work as a consultant in the managerial rung of a Consulting company providing business solutions.

Long Term: be the director of a consulting company in about 5 years from graduating from B school.
Need MBA to understand completely the needs of various International business clients and be able to deploy resources appropriately. Need knowledge of finance, marketing, information systems and an operation strategy for this.an MBA would be the crucial next step in my career at this point to achieve the inputs for more success

Applying to: Umich-Ross, Rochester-NY, Thunderbird, Michigan state-Board, ISB-India, Vanderbilt and maybe Stanford

Also, how do I know which school is really goof for some particular specialization of MBA???
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2005, 13:00
I believe that you would be competitive at all of your target schools except for maybe Stanford.

US News is a good source for specializations: http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/r ... _brief.php

Unfortunately you have to pay for the information one way or another.

http://www.mbagameplan.com