Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

how do you find motivation??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

how do you find motivation?? [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2007, 14:07
Hoe do you find motivation to study after work hours....after work my mind feels like mush and I cant focus 100% like I can on the weekends. I can bang out 6 hrs on the weekends no problem but studying for like 2-3 hrs on a weekday is killing me and I find myself insterad of studying every weeknight, maybe I get 2 weeknights and the weekend and I NEED to study EVERY night!

ahhhhh!!! any advice! :?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2007, 21:28
anyone can train when they want to. champions train when they don't.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Re: how do you find motivation?? [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2007, 22:28
GMAT4Lyfe wrote:
Hoe do you find motivation to study after work hours....after work my mind feels like mush and I cant focus 100% like I can on the weekends. I can bang out 6 hrs on the weekends no problem but studying for like 2-3 hrs on a weekday is killing me and I find myself insterad of studying every weeknight, maybe I get 2 weeknights and the weekend and I NEED to study EVERY night!

ahhhhh!!! any advice! :?

Studying verbal after work imitates the real test, because you will also be exausted at some extent before you reach verbal section!!!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2007, 03:26
Get up earlier.

I know, I know, it's REALLY tough, but GMAT study (or anything that demands use of your brain) BEFORE work is way more productive than after work.

I haven't convinced many of my students to do this, but the ones who do manage to put in an hour+ of GMAT before work ALL succeeded, big time.

--
http://www.gmathacks.com
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2007, 04:23
Getting up earlier worked for me. 4:30- 6:30 study. 6:30 to 7:00 - gym. Off to work by 7:45 am. It did not matter what the work threw at me during the day - well thankfully those days I never had to work beyond 9:00 pm latest. I'd usually be asleep by 10:30 pm.

No, I did not do this everyday, there were certainly days that I slipped, sometimes a week or two at a stretch. But keeping this schedule kept me more disciplined than I otherwise would have been.
Current Student
Schools: Emory class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2007, 12:44
I say to continue to challenge yourself by trying to study after work. If you can figure out a way to stay focused after you're tired from work, you shouldn't have a problem focusing the entire time on the test. If anything, just do very simple quant problems and work on trying to be perfect with the easy questions. If you can get to the point where you very rarely make a mistake on simple quants when you can't focus, you will never make a stupid mistake on game day.

Personally, I rarely had the opportunity to sit and focus on the weekends, so nearly all of my study was in 1 to 2 hour intervals after work on weekdays. It worked out well for me, but to each their own I guess.
  [#permalink] 21 Sep 2007, 12:44