Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Nov 2014, 21:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

how do you maintain your sanity?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 172 [0], given: 2

how do you maintain your sanity? [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2008, 16:53
i am going nuts and i still have to re-take my GMAT.. so far i have revised my HBS essays like 10 times..and every morning i get up I am not happy with what i did yesterday..

so far i have finished drafts for 3 schools..i think all i do is just hop from one schools essay to another and keep revising and revising like crazy..i am going nuts.. :x
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 4

Re: how do you maintain your sanity? [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2008, 17:42
haha you're in good company fresinha...it should comfort you to know that i haven't even finished one draft of an essay yet, and like you, i still need to re-take the GMAT.

the good news is my time procrastinating has been spent on daily yoga and cycling, which surely helps me clear the mind and relieve some stress. i even bought some birkenstocks today in preparation for berkeley, so at least my mind is in the right place :P (birks are kosher here in oregon too haha)

anyway best of luck to you, it will all be over soon! (but hopefully not too soon)
Director
Director
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 9

Re: how do you maintain your sanity? [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2008, 20:12
Not sure how to do it because essay #2 for UCLA has been giving me fits. I just can't seem to get the right words on paper to make it flow. I know my topic, but I'm just having a tough time.

One piece of advice I can give is to not be partial to any one sentence. Sometimes even deleting your favorite sentence in the paragraph might make it flow better. It may be that the one you feel is expertly crafted is really keeping the whole paragraph from synching together. I know once I have deleted some of my better written sentances that the ideas in the paragraph seem to mesh better.

Good luck to you.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: how do you maintain your sanity? [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2008, 22:03
fresinha12 wrote:
i am going nuts and i still have to re-take my GMAT.. so far i have revised my HBS essays like 10 times..and every morning i get up I am not happy with what i did yesterday..

so far i have finished drafts for 3 schools..i think all i do is just hop from one schools essay to another and keep revising and revising like crazy..i am going nuts.. :x

It's tough situation. It may not be a bad idea to focus on your essays (if you have stellar stories) and put the gmat on the back burner..unless you did horrible.
Re: how do you maintain your sanity?   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2008, 22:03