Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Nov 2014, 16:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How do you rate NOVA GMAT Math Bible?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

How do you rate NOVA GMAT Math Bible? [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 04:52
Is Nova GMAT Math Bible any good. It has a lot of topics covered, but is it worth the time???
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 86

Kudos [?]: 492 [0], given: 432

Premium Member
Re: How do you rate NOVA GMAT Math Bible? [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 06:06
Expert's post
Few members use the Nova materials. Since there is a lack of consensus, it's probably best to use caution here. Choose products that are widely supported by the community and have a strong reputation.

Here is a related topic: has-anyone-used-nova-s-gmat-80823.html

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

Manager
Manager

Re: How do you rate NOVA GMAT Math Bible? [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 07:13
Thanks..

Yes problems are poorly worded, but it has some good properties...
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2375

Kudos [?]: 9946 [0], given: 3755

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: How do you rate NOVA GMAT Math Bible? [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 08:28
Expert's post
I have a copy of the book - it is very extensive (and I think quite a bit more than you need it to be). See my review here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/188905 ... 1889057509

I would not jump into it until you have covered either MGMAT Guides or Veritas Guides, but it is not a mistake to either ;)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

Manager
Manager

Re: How do you rate NOVA GMAT Math Bible? [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 18:01
bb wrote:
I have a copy of the book - it is very extensive (and I think quite a bit more than you need it to be). See my review here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/188905 ... 1889057509

I would not jump into it until you have covered either MGMAT Guides or Veritas Guides, but it is not a mistake to either ;)

I was working on the geometry portion and it covers a lot of problems. However 500 odd pages takes time and i'm getting bored. Probability section can come in handy..
GRE Forum Moderator
Affiliations: PMP certified, IT professional
Schools: CMU, Kelley
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 2

Re: How do you rate NOVA GMAT Math Bible? [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 19:54
I used Nova's GRE Math Bible for GRE preparation and it is an awesome book. Infact it is "the most" recommended book for GRE Maths. The content of GRE Math Bible is similar to that of GMAT Bible except for the Data sufficiency section.

Geometry section is covered very well in this book.

However if you need to get just one material for for GMAT Maths,I think the MGMAT books are a better option.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 600 Q43 V30
GMAT 2: 0 Q0 V0
GPA: 2.4
WE: Business Development (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 40

Reviews Badge
Re: How do you rate NOVA GMAT Math Bible? [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 10:30
bb wrote:

Your review isn't up there anymore. What were your thoughts about the book, and how do you think it stacks up to the Gmat Club Math book?

"Popular opinion is the greatest lie in the world"-Thomas Carlyle

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 530 Q42 V20
GMAT 2: 540 Q43 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 18

Re: How do you rate NOVA GMAT Math Bible? [#permalink] New post 02 May 2012, 07:44
Its a good one for beginners. Problems will be a bit easy for us to understand the concepts. If you are scoring close to 40s in quant then probably you won't be in need of it.

KUDOS - if my post has helped you.

Re: How do you rate NOVA GMAT Math Bible?   [#permalink] 02 May 2012, 07:44