Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 21:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How do you take only one section of a practice test?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
WE 1: IT Business Analyst-Building Materials Industry
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 4

How do you take only one section of a practice test? [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 18:27
Does anyone know if there is a way to take only the quant section or only the verbal section of any of the practice tests out there, and still get the results for the section you took and also being able to return at a later date and take the section you did not complete? The easiest way I can think of is just to answer all the questions in the unwanted section randomly. Any easier ways???
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 398 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: How do you take only one section of a practice test? [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2009, 05:38
trzaskm wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a way to take only the quant section or only the verbal section of any of the practice tests out there, and still get the results for the section you took and also being able to return at a later date and take the section you did not complete? The easiest way I can think of is just to answer all the questions in the unwanted section randomly. Any easier ways???

Hello trzaskm,

I know GMATPrep does NOT allow this. GMATPrep simulates as closely as possible to the real thing (no pausing). You can not stop part way and pick it back up, you must complete the test, and you only get to see your "score" once. The only real pause is when you're on the break portion of the practice test. The breaks are NOT timed, but you can not close the program. You can do something else, eat, etc.

I know the MGMAT practice tests could be left off and picked back up at a later time. You also have the ability to pause. That being said, you can NOT get a score part way through.

Remember, the GMAT is a comprehensive test. When you take a practice test, your goal should be to simulate the test environment/constraints as closely as possible. Working outside of said constraints will not give you an accurate picture of your overall performance.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
WE 1: IT Business Analyst-Building Materials Industry
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 4

Re: How do you take only one section of a practice test? [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2009, 13:21
Thank you for the speedy reply. I definitely agree with you that practice tests should simulate the actual testing environment, but let me explain my strategy to help you get a better understanding of what I am trying to accomplish.

Right now I am focusing on only quant concepts, I am going through all the MGMAT books and doing all the suggest OG 12 problems ( I am saving the OG Quant Guide problems for later to assess what I am still weak in). I want to take only the quant section of a few practice tests during this time (maybe every other week) to gauge my progress in quant. Then I will move onto verbal concepts. I will go through all the MGMAT books and do suggested OG12 problems. Then I would like to go back and do the verbal sections of the tests that I took the Quant sections in previously. After I am done with verbal, I will still take numerous full length practice tests under testing conditions with full review of answers.

I have 5 Kaplan, 3 PR, 5 MGMAT, Powerprep and GMATprep that I can take, and I am thinking of purchasing or “achieving” the GMATclub tests.. It would be really helpful to be able to take only half of a practice test, see my sub score and be able to return to the test and complete the other section. I really wish there was a way to do this…
Re: How do you take only one section of a practice test?   [#permalink] 11 Nov 2009, 13:21