Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 16:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How does the hardest 800score RC compare to the real GMAT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

How does the hardest 800score RC compare to the real GMAT?  [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2009, 04:45
How does the hardest 800score RC compare to the real GMAT?
I tried the >80th percentile sample tests from the 800score software and found the RC questions very long and protracted,
such that it was very hard to keep a mental map of the passages.One of the RC was this one:

http://www.800score.com/content/rch4.html

I found that essay very hard and only got question 3 correct(which,frankly, was more of "ship is sinking,please jump" type of guessing).Is it just me or that essay is indeed challenging? Is this what to expect in the GMAT?
What strategy would apply to avoid getting bogged down in the details of the passage?

My GMAT is on Monday and I really got a scare. I didn't do very well in this top percentile 800score sample verbal tests.Some of the CR questions were nasty/very ugly.
Should I dump the score800 software and focus more on the GMATPrep instead? I feel totally disoriented, disillusioned and demoralized.It's almost as though the master plan has started to disintegrate right in front of me :(.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 35

Re: 800score RC vs real GMAT RC [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2009, 22:01
Hi...hwz your experince..did you jumped 800score or stayed with GMAT prep..
Re: 800score RC vs real GMAT RC   [#permalink] 20 Nov 2009, 22:01