Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 09:07

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How indicative Veritas Gmat Test (free sample)??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 30

GMAT Tests User
How indicative Veritas Gmat Test (free sample)?? [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 06:25
Hi all,
I have just taken Veritas Gmat test and had a score of 680 with 51 Q (4inc) and 35V (12inc). I feel that Quant is a lot easier than OG12 and Verbal is also easier and very straight forward. What do you guys say about Veritas.

I started studying 5-6 weeks ago and my so far scores are:

Sept.1 Manhattan 46Q 31V 630
Sept.7 GmatPrep1 47Q 22V 570
Oct. 1 Gmat Prep2 48Q 27V 620
Oct. 11 MasterGmat 47Q 22V 570
Oct.16 Knewton 51Q 35V 680

Should I conider this Knewton score just as an exception, since it may be easier than other resources.?

Many thanks for any comment in advance.

Best wishes
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 10

Re: How indicative Veritas Gmat Test (free sample)?? [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 00:32
must82 wrote:
Hi all,
I have just taken Veritas Gmat test and had a score of 680 with 51 Q (4inc) and 35V (12inc). I feel that Quant is a lot easier than OG12 and Verbal is also easier and very straight forward. What do you guys say about Veritas.

I started studying 5-6 weeks ago and my so far scores are:

Sept.1 Manhattan 46Q 31V 630
Sept.7 GmatPrep1 47Q 22V 570
Oct. 1 Gmat Prep2 48Q 27V 620
Oct. 11 MasterGmat 47Q 22V 570
Oct.16 Knewton 51Q 35V 680

Should I conider this Knewton score just as an exception, since it may be easier than other resources.?

Many thanks for any comment in advance.

Best wishes

Did the test myself today got a 620 - Q41 / V35 - again i felt the quant was really easy and verbal fairly staright forward - i even finished my quant 7 minutes early which i found really surprising!!

Any more views on this would be appreciated!
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 95

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 20

Re: How indicative Veritas Gmat Test (free sample)?? [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 09:51
Having been around these test for a while, I've seen them be fairly accurate at times but off by a good 60-70 points quite a bit, too, which actually isn't that surprising for any of the company-sponsored practice tests. Practice tests are great for practice - learning how your mind reacts to timed pressure, how your stamina holds up to a full-length GMAT test, what mistakes you tend to make when you're being barraged by questions of different types, etc. And the scoring isn't bad for giving you a general feel for whether you're in the neighborhood of your target. But since none of these test use the true GMAT algorithm nor do they have the objective data on each question (which are truly difficult and which just look it; which pass the GMAT's tight quality requirements and which just miss it) that GMAC has you'll find them much more useful for practice than for true assessment. Even the official test says that scores have a margin of error of ~20 points, so you'll find that most tests are looser than that but provide good opportunities to practice.

Brian

Save $100 on live Veritas Prep GMAT Courses and Admissions Consulting

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: How indicative Veritas Gmat Test (free sample)??   [#permalink] 09 Nov 2012, 09:51