Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 08:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

how is Knewton 4 improving GMAT Verbal Score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 79 [1] , given: 157

GMAT Tests User
how is Knewton 4 improving GMAT Verbal Score [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 07:25
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Really appreciate any impartial replies from current, former Knewton students.

I am trying to decide whether Knewton is good for improving your GMAT verbal score expecially for non native speakers.

It dosent mean to say i dont know logical structure of sentences in English. I understand, write and speak well.

But for getting a good verbal score,( Currently V 26 mgmat ) say 40-42 in GMAT Verbal, i am trying to find out whether the coaching is any effective or will Knewton just teach you subject+verb, idioms, throw at you a bunch of practice material so on. Or does the coaching really help you improve your gmat verba.

I dont expect magic, i put in hard work but some coaching programs beat around the bush and dont help the student much.

I know Knewton teaches both math+verbal but i am focussed more on Verbal.

Thanks a lot.

If you found the reply to be helpful, give kudos.

Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Knewton GMAT Representative
Schools: BA Amherst College, MFA Brooklyn College
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 1

Re: how is Knewton 4 improving GMAT Verbal Score [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 08:40
Thanks for the interest in Knewton.

Check out this long, informed review of our course.

520-to-710-my-adventures-with-the-gmat-94495.html#p727069

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Josh

Josh Anish
Senior Editor
Knewton, Inc

Free GMAT Club tests ($250 value) in addition to any other discounts or coupons when you buy the Knewton Course with KnewtonBest-GMAT-Club discount code.
Use this promo code when you sign up for Knewton: KnewtonBest-GMAT-Club

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 157

GMAT Tests User
Re: how is Knewton 4 improving GMAT Verbal Score [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 12:40
JoshKnewton wrote:
Thanks for the interest in Knewton.

Check out this long, informed review of our course.

520-to-710-my-adventures-with-the-gmat-94495.html#p727069

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Josh

Thanks Josh for providing the link,

However i have gone through the review already, BUT chambax the author admits that he was already doing well in Verbal and he was weak in Maths, i am quite the contrary.

My Verbal is what needs review and help, and thats where i am looking at Knewton, whether the coaching would provide ( not magical ) but actual results.

I know there is a 50 pt guarantee but i know i can improve in Verbal with the right guide from 26 to 38-40.

The reason i am looking at Knewton also has to do with its refreshingly new attitude instead of Mgmat highly priced tried approach.

If i was a native english speaker the situation would have been different, but being a non native english speaker, i am just concerned whether the teaching would benefit me.

Thanks.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: how is Knewton 4 improving GMAT Verbal Score [#permalink] New post 30 May 2010, 12:21
How you read this post that I wrote?
from-610-to-680-improve-in-verbal-knewton-94237.html

I know that a 35 is not a good score for you, but maybe I can help since I am also a no native speaker.
Please ask me any details and I would be glad to share it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 157

GMAT Tests User
Re: how is Knewton 4 improving GMAT Verbal Score [#permalink] New post 30 May 2010, 12:27
netrix wrote:
How you read this post that I wrote?
from-610-to-680-improve-in-verbal-knewton-94237.html

I know that a 35 is not a good score for you, but maybe I can help since I am also a no native speaker.
Please ask me any details and I would be glad to share it.

Thanks a lot, Mariano.

Congratulations on your great score, 680 is almost 700. 38 is a great to come up from initial 28.
I feel quite convinced hearing from you that Knewton may be helpful to improve Verbal.

Please do send me the referral link, i would complete my registration tomorrow.

Quote:
This is only for normal people. If you are a genius and see things like in the matrix movie, please go to post where it says "how to score 780"

This should be a tag line.

Re: how is Knewton 4 improving GMAT Verbal Score   [#permalink] 30 May 2010, 12:27