Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 23:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How is Queen's, Canada?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

How is Queen's, Canada? [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2005, 17:06
Hi,

I need some inputs here.

How would one rate the Queen's MBA program in Canada. Business week rated it #1 ahead of INSEAD in this years rankings.

I have received an admission from Queen's and am not sure if I should take it up.

I am also waitlisted at the Indian School of Business and have an admit to the Masters in Informantion systems and management at the Carnegie Mellon University.

My profile: 25 yr old Indian, 4.5 yrs IT work experience, 2 yrs US experience.

Please suggest.

510 on my first GMAT. 610 on second GMAT.!
The struggle continues.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2005, 19:57
It depends what you want to do NEWKID. If you want to specialize in MIS, then go for CMU because I know that its overall reputation is better than Queens. However, I don't know if you had the chance to visit Queens(which is 1.5 hour away from where I live :)) but if you did, how did you like the campus. What would be the pros of having a more general graduate level MBA from Queens? Would you consider working in Canada or does your wife or girlfriend prefer to live in Canada? Although BW is ranking Queens ahead of INSEAD, FT2005 consistently dropped it from the 40 a few years back to 75 this year compared to a top tier ranking for CMU. Again, it goes with your "fit" with those 2 schools. Queens would, in my belief, be better if you want a more canadian career perspective as it is very well regarded here.

Best Regards,

Paul