Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How many hours do you study per day?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
How many hours do you study per day? [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2007, 15:00
Just curious, because recently I've been studying 7-8+ hours a day because I only have 2 months between when I graduated (in May) and when my GMAT date is (in July) to study.

I feel like I've been pushing myself too hard and that studying when you're tired can sometimes be detrimental to your practice. As a result, I just worked out a schedule for the next month until my exam, which requires me to do 75 problems a day (quant and verbal, all question-types), do one GMAT Club Challenge a day, and to review every problem afterwards, whether I got it right or wrong.

This amounts to about 4 hours of studying per day, which I know is more than a lot of you can do because you have full time work.

So what about you guys? How much do you study every day?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How many hours do you study per day? [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2007, 18:10
plaguerabbit wrote:
Just curious, because recently I've been studying 7-8+ hours a day because I only have 2 months between when I graduated (in May) and when my GMAT date is (in July) to study.

I feel like I've been pushing myself too hard and that studying when you're tired can sometimes be detrimental to your practice. As a result, I just worked out a schedule for the next month until my exam, which requires me to do 75 problems a day (quant and verbal, all question-types), do one GMAT Club Challenge a day, and to review every problem afterwards, whether I got it right or wrong.

This amounts to about 4 hours of studying per day, which I know is more than a lot of you can do because you have full time work.

So what about you guys? How much do you study every day?

I wish I had 7-8 hours to study :) Well I study 3-4 hours a day(I work 50-55 hours a week also). Be careful with such load it may burn you out.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 691 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2007, 18:26
I am lucky if I get an hour in. My life is too busy...I haven't even opened a book in three days. I am in the middle of redoing a room in my house, its totally gutted right now and I am doing the wiring this weekend.

I wish I had even 3 or 4 hours to dedicate to studying on a weekend.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Cornell

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How many hours do you study per day? [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2007, 22:53
Sergey_is_cool wrote:
I wish I had 7-8 hours to study :) Well I study 3-4 hours a day(I work 50-55 hours a week also).

Sergey is really cool hehe. I work 45 hours a week and can hardly find more than 3 hours each day for GMAT. Saturday Sunday around 5 hours each. But I'm not very efficient, to be honest.

I wish I could do as much as you do, dedicate 3-4 hours (and really worth it) for GEE-MAD.

Being sentimental and mood fluctuation is also a hazard for GMAT preparation time... I didn't study much in the last 2 days. And that's no good. Hic hic. :roll:
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2007, 19:17
Wow, 7-8 hours a day is definitely too much. I think even 4 hours is pushing it, particularly if you're doing it in one sitting. If it's still too much, cut back. I would in general aim for 2-3 hours as a max. Burnout is a serious possibility if you're overdoing it.
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2007, 22:33
7-8 hours? unless you defy the biological possibilities of humans, you can't be effective during such a long time.

For me, during working days, I used to spend 1-2 hours.
On weekends, probably 4 hours is enough to still have a fresh mind.

You could suffer a burn out if you try to push too hard for yourself.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2007, 23:41
I had 3 weeks of 2 hours to 3 hours per day and 5 hours in weekend, and for last 3-4 days I have not studied much at all :oops: I work 50 to 60 hours a week, and my work can get demanding with streess and travel every other week.

I think doing 4 hours everyday for 2 months is lot of time but if you really want to plan, you have consider yourself human and add buffer for lost time due to burn and everything else that will go on in your life.

But just as I am discovering consitancy and focus is key, loosing sight of your goal seems to be a killer.
  [#permalink] 08 Jun 2007, 23:41