Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2014, 00:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How many time should I re-take

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
How many time should I re-take [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2006, 22:43
I have taken the GMAT 3 times

1. 570 61% (49% QUANT & 69% VERBAL)
2. 560 58% (56% QUANT & 56% VERBAL)
3. 560 58% (49 % QUANT & 61% VERBAL)

I would like to push past 600 to get into an MBA program, but am unsure if it worth re-taking one more time. I took the Kaplan course before my first test, and then took the Manhatten Weekend Course before the second test.

The third test I took after a few sessions with an on-line tutor, which was a mistake since both the english and maths tutor did not really know the GMAT, and I went for it because it was cheap!

Has anyone had postive experience from a private tutor, I think this is my only option to push past 600. What would you say is the recommended amount of time that should be booked - 10 hours or 20 hours?

I have taken a number of test GMAT exams, and my highest score on the GMAT Prep exam was 630. So I think I can do it.

I guess it is the same story for a lot of people, but I work long hours, 10/11hour days, and that knocks me out to start with, studying on top can be tough.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2006, 05:46
Private tutor works for me, but because of your situation, tutoring will actually take away your time to work on the problem. at this point, i think the best strategy is to work on the hardest problems and see why you are making the mistakes... then study the mistakes and avoid making them again!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2006, 22:43
Depends on the schools you are aiming for. You can get past 600. Its no big deal. If possible take half-a-day leaves in between to maintain your momntum.

I too work thirteen-hour days and usually find it very difficult to study at night. However I'm not giving up. So fight hard.

As for tutors, why waste a lot of money when you can study the posts in these forums, rectify your mistakes and keep on taking practice tests.

Also if your score lies within the middle 80% GMAT score of the school of your dreams, go for it now.

Thanks,
Zooroopa

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2006, 08:15
How much time gap did you put in between your GMAT attempts?

Did you identify and work on your weak areas before the reattempts, or did you just went ahead and spent some more hours on practice problems before reappearing?

What is your daily routine? Are you able to spend at least 1 hour everyday?

I think it's hard to advise you without knowing more about your preparation strategy and how much chance you'd have in the schools you want to apply to.

teh calvin

[#permalink] 05 Aug 2006, 08:15