Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.99
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.99
Send PM
Re: How many times can I take the GMAT? [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lesliehh wrote:

Wow thanks a lot!

So do you guys study, do the test, and repeat till test day?

Also, what do you think of my plan? Taking the Gmat in december, one february or march, or both? I need 680 minimum so I might need to take it at least twice.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi swissstud,

Why would you want to plan multiple GMATs ahead of time?

We recently had a student who took his 4th and final GMAT attempt with great results (finally).

But why force yourself to study so hard/long and sacrifice other parts of your life? I'd recommend doing a full practice test in test-like environments with GMATPrep software in place of an actual test.

Learn from your mistakes here so you can improve on them for the real thing. At least shoot to do well on the first try. Otherwise, you're just planning for failure on the first round.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-14-2012
Send PM
I know there are some schools who will look at your highest section scores. For example, if you took the GMAT twice and scored a (48Q/35V) and then scored a (46Q/36V), they would consider your score as (48Q/36V), but it wouldn't convert to the equivalent total score. I cant remember which school it was. Does any one know if this is standard or only at a few schools?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmatpill wrote:
Hi swissstud,

Why would you want to plan multiple GMATs ahead of time?

We recently had a student who took his 4th and final GMAT attempt with great results (finally).

But why force yourself to study so hard/long and sacrifice other parts of your life? I'd recommend doing a full practice test in test-like environments with GMATPrep software in place of an actual test.

Learn from your mistakes here so you can improve on them for the real thing. At least shoot to do well on the first try. Otherwise, you're just planning for failure on the first round.

Hey man!

So you're saying I should just give my all time best the first time and not already plan on taking 3-4 GMAT in advance, even before my 1st one? Yeah that sounds reasonable, plus I barely will have time to do a second one so it's 1 strike and I'm out really.

I'm scheduled my test on the January 10th 2013. The uni I wish to apply to has its application deadline on April 30th, so really, I can only take one test. Might as well give it my best. I have 40 days to study everything.

With my PCS (post concussion syndrome) it's not easy studying but I'm trying to get as much done as I can.

I'm not really following a specific plan. I just opened the official GMAT book (red one) and started studying.

So how should I go about with this?

I've been studying the math sections for quite some time now. Did 230 test questions, got 150 right, now I'm going back and doing the ones I got wrong.

Should I take a practice test online with the official software and then see what I should do?

I seriously don't want to mess this up. I need a 680 score. Anything less and I can't apply.

Cheers
GMAT Club Bot