Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 12:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How much can I improve in two weeks?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

How much can I improve in two weeks? [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2007, 13:48
Hi, first of all, thanks to those who have answered my previous question, you have been very helpful!

I took a practice test today and scored 570, Q32 and V37.

My test in on the 14th.

How much do you suppose i can improve, given the time, and what would your strategy be?

Thank you so much!

Anna
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2007, 17:22
It's really hard to say. with two weeks left, that's not much time to substantially improve anything. If this was your first practice test cold, you might be able to improve a little bit more since this was your first time. But if you were already familiar with the test when you took it, your chances for improvement are not good.

But given the time you have, it's good to go over some quick techniques sinc eyou own't have time for any in depth reviewing. go over the types of questions for the diff sections and don't make any careless mistakes!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 691 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2007, 18:16
It all depends...have you already been studying for a while or did you get the 570 cold without any preps. If you got a 570 cold you might be able to do well.

I don't know what your target score is but if its 700 then you may want to postpone your test. Its a pretty tidy sum of money and if you aren't applying until this fall then there is no real rush to run out and take the test.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2007, 06:39
thanks!
actually i'm applying for a non-profit degree and their "successful applicants scored between 540 and 560, Q34, V33"
So i'm mostly wondering for myself, I'd like to take it up to 640 or something so that i'm confident.
I'm pretty sure the math mistakes i make are all in one of three topics
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2007, 12:13
Just to update -
I continued studying, took another practice test today, scored 610, making some careless mistakes i could probably avoid in the "real" test enviroment.
Also had a ridiculous amount of time left in verbal (30 min!) and 10 min in math. Definitely should read slower :)
Test's on thursday :) Wish me luck :)
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2007, 12:49
if your target score is about 640, you definitely can do it if you keep working for the rest of the time! good luck~
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2007, 14:45
thanks, i think so too!
  [#permalink] 08 Jun 2007, 14:45