Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 13:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How much did you improve your last 3 weeks of prep?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

How much did you improve your last 3 weeks of prep? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2008, 06:45
I am at the three week mark. On Saturday, I took the GMATPrep 2, and only scored 690 (46Q, 38V), which was substantially lower than my goal. However, I did seem to make some careless errors early on in each section, which no doubt greatly lowered my score. I feel I can certainly improve on my Verbal performance.

With that said, how much improvement have some of you guys seen in the final three weeks of your study programs? Personally, I think it's reasonable to expect myself to cut out careless errors, work through my error logs, and cut out some concept mistakes to get my score into the 730-750 range.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: How much did you improve your last 3 weeks of prep? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2008, 07:06
I would reference a normal distribution(bell-curve) for your answer.
Current Student

Re: How much did you improve your last 3 weeks of prep? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2008, 07:27
Maple wrote:
I would reference a normal distribution(bell-curve) for your answer.

A distribution of what, exactly? A distribution of posters' improvements the final three weeks of study?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: How much did you improve your last 3 weeks of prep? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2008, 07:40
http://www.westgard.com/images/ls36f4.gif

The likelihood of your score increasing significantly drops as your score deviates from the average test score(I believe 540 for the GMAT).
Current Student

Re: How much did you improve your last 3 weeks of prep? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2008, 10:04
Does anybody have any personal experience with score increases your final three weeks of preparation?
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

Re: How much did you improve your last 3 weeks of prep? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2008, 11:12
MeddlingKid wrote:
Does anybody have any personal experience with score increases your final three weeks of preparation?

MeddlingKid,

Yes. If everything falls in place, your score can rise greatly. I felt I had cleared the bump (consistent 700+) in the last two weeks of my prep. Things were beginning to "click." I began to breeze through the sentence correction, critical reasoning was making sense, and reading comp was becoming bearable.

I firmly believe that had I prepped for another week or two, I would have increased my score by at least 20 points. Unfortunately, the timing doesn't always work out. Imagine if we could just walk into the test center and test whenever we wanted?

Anyway, yes, when things are clicking, you'll see the questions in a new light. This happened to me in the last few weeks of my prep.

gl
Current Student

Re: How much did you improve your last 3 weeks of prep? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2008, 12:08
kidderek wrote:
MeddlingKid wrote:

MeddlingKid,

Yes. If everything falls in place, your score can rise greatly. I felt I had cleared the bump (consistent 700+) in the last two weeks of my prep. Things were beginning to "click." I began to breeze through the sentence correction, critical reasoning was making sense, and reading comp was becoming bearable.

I firmly believe that had I prepped for another week or two, I would have increased my score by at least 20 points. Unfortunately, the timing doesn't always work out. Imagine if we could just walk into the test center and test whenever we wanted?

Anyway, yes, when things are clicking, you'll see the questions in a new light. This happened to me in the last few weeks of my prep.

gl

Thank you for the response! Can you describe how much of an improvement you noticed that last three weeks? Also, what sorts of activities were you doing differently that everything started clicking for you?
Re: How much did you improve your last 3 weeks of prep?   [#permalink] 29 Apr 2008, 12:08