Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How much does the 1st Investment Research Associate make?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2006
Posts: 444
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

How much does the 1st Investment Research Associate make? [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2007, 20:23
Does anyone know the average compensation for Investment Research Associate for Buy-side and Sell-side right after an MBA?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 5252
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 139 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: How much does the 1st Investment Research Associate make [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2007, 20:44
died4me wrote:
Does anyone know the average compensation for Investment Research Associate for Buy-side and Sell-side right after an MBA?


~$85K
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2006
Posts: 444
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: How much does the 1st Investment Research Associate make [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2007, 12:42
GMATT73 wrote:
died4me wrote:
Does anyone know the average compensation for Investment Research Associate for Buy-side and Sell-side right after an MBA?


~$85K


Really? Wow that's too low...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 260
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2007, 06:44
Per Haas's 2006 employment report, kids in Investment/Portfolio Management had these stats:

Average Salary
$88k

Median Salary
$95k

Signing Bonus
$20k

Other comp (guessing this is mostly year-end bonus)
$50k
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2006
Posts: 444
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2007, 07:42
naturallight wrote:
Per Haas's 2006 employment report, kids in Investment/Portfolio Management had these stats:

Average Salary
$88k

Median Salary
$95k

Signing Bonus
$20k

Other comp (guessing this is mostly year-end bonus)
$50k



Thanks a lot!

This is what I really want to do.
I have searched my soul mate (job) for months, and now I found it. :lol:

I am sure that it will be very hard to get in w/o any prior finanical background. Any tips on how to position myself?
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 1024
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2007, 07:55
Make sure that you research the work environment when you interview with those shops. I used to work as an Investment Research analyst and was badly burned in one of the investment research boutiques...
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 958
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2007, 09:54
died4me wrote:
naturallight wrote:
Per Haas's 2006 employment report, kids in Investment/Portfolio Management had these stats:

Average Salary
$88k

Median Salary
$95k

Signing Bonus
$20k

Other comp (guessing this is mostly year-end bonus)
$50k



Thanks a lot!

This is what I really want to do.
I have searched my soul mate (job) for months, and now I found it. :lol:

I am sure that it will be very hard to get in w/o any prior finanical background. Any tips on how to position myself?



Search for a thread I started last week or so called Investment Management or Asset Management. Naturallight gave some really good tips on how someone like you or me (people w/out experience) can position ourselves to enter buy-side research after school.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2006
Posts: 444
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2007, 13:29
Thank you very much!


:oops: I will try the Google Search within GMAT club next.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 60
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2007, 14:01
nervousgmat wrote:
Make sure that you research the work environment when you interview with those shops. I used to work as an Investment Research analyst and was badly burned in one of the investment research boutiques...


if you don't mind, could you elaborate on your experience please? i'd love to hear your specific thoughts. thanks!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2003
Posts: 4318
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2007, 14:16
My advice would be to start from now to research 1 or 2 particular stocks you would either buy or sell. Track them, read other analysts' reports, build a financial model with your own assumptions so that you can pitch that stock when you interview. This is definitely asked at either the buy or sell side houses.
  [#permalink] 18 Jun 2007, 14:16
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Age !! How much does it matter? ubus 1 31 Aug 2014, 03:16
5 How much $ do you currently make? ukulelegal85 37 16 Jan 2012, 20:28
1 Investment Banking Research Associate... lanter1 19 09 Jun 2008, 06:16
How much does age play into application? cmns18 3 28 Aug 2006, 05:11
How much does age play into application? cmns18 0 14 Aug 2006, 07:06
Display posts from previous: Sort by

How much does the 1st Investment Research Associate make?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.