Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 09:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How much studying did you do the last 4 days?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
How much studying did you do the last 4 days? [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2007, 21:29
Tomorrow I'm taking the GMATPrep 2, and then study all the OG11 and review questions I missed.

should I guard against burn out? go for 3-4 hours a day like I have been or 12 hours on Saturday and Sunday? My test is on Monday.

So what did you do?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2007, 22:58
i think i took the gmatprep 2 a few days before the test. didnt have any new material the last 4 days, and took the last 2 off completely from gmat.
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2007, 23:03
Definitely guard yourself against burnout and take rest on sunday. You need all your energy on the test day.
Manager
Manager
Schools: CBS, MIT, Kellogg, Wharton

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2007, 05:54
My plan was to take the last week off and try to average 10-12 hrs of studying per day, taking the very last day off.
VP
VP
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 110 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: How much studying did you do the last 4 days? [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2007, 06:01
zakk wrote:
Tomorrow I'm taking the GMATPrep 2, and then study all the OG11 and review questions I missed.

should I guard against burn out? go for 3-4 hours a day like I have been or 12 hours on Saturday and Sunday? My test is on Monday.

So what did you do?

I spent my first 2 out of 4 days on reviewing my error log and practicing timing by retaking GMATPrep. I spent the last two days (saturday and sunday) on shopping and watching TV :) I tried to be as distracted from the thouhts about the GMAT as possible not to get anxious.

If you are a nervous type, I recommend taking a sleeping pill the night before your test. Sleep is very important!
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2007, 06:10
- took gmatprep(repeat) 2 days before the exam
- learned a new strategy for a concept the night before (overlapping sets -- didn't appear on exam, but was better prepared for those question types)

you really can't burn out if you give yourself a whole day before the test.

set aside a couple of OG problems that you have gotten right of escalating difficulty to use at warm up for the morning of test day.
  [#permalink] 06 Sep 2007, 06:10