Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 06 Jul 2015, 10:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How prepared should I be before taking a prep course?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

How prepared should I be before taking a prep course? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2008, 12:34
OK so I am starting my process of studying for the GMAT. There is a course that begins in mid-February and I was planning to begin with some light studying up until the course. Then I would go full speed once the 9 week course begins and take the test afterwards. I hope that will give me enough studying while not burning myself out.

What I am wondering is, how prepared does one have to be when entering a prep course? (I was looking into the Manhattan GMAT) I’m not sure how the pace of the prep courses work, is it full speed starting class 1 and will be very easy to fall behind or do they start from the beginning as if you have not done any other preparation?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Tepper '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 2

Re: How prepared should I be before taking a prep course? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2008, 09:03
maybe you should take my prep course that I offer, it's gmatprepprep.net.

just kidding.

I would imagine you don't have to prep anything.

I think some courses overload you with books and recommend taking the test 2-3 months after it ends, but you would have to check with each course.
SVP
SVP
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 22

Re: How prepared should I be before taking a prep course? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2008, 09:17
I took the same course, you don't really need to do anything before the class actually begins. You'll need to ideally put in about 6-8 hours every week to catch up with class- and homework once the course begins, especially if you plan on taking the GMAT within a week or two after finishing your class.

forereal wrote:
OK so I am starting my process of studying for the GMAT. There is a course that begins in mid-February and I was planning to begin with some light studying up until the course. Then I would go full speed once the 9 week course begins and take the test afterwards. I hope that will give me enough studying while not burning myself out.

What I am wondering is, how prepared does one have to be when entering a prep course? (I was looking into the Manhattan GMAT) I’m not sure how the pace of the prep courses work, is it full speed starting class 1 and will be very easy to fall behind or do they start from the beginning as if you have not done any other preparation?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Baruch / Zicklin
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 148

Re: How prepared should I be before taking a prep course? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2008, 12:12
Tarmac wrote:
maybe you should take my prep course that I offer, it's gmatprepprep.net.

l0l0l0l0l0l :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: How prepared should I be before taking a prep course?   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2008, 12:12