Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 10:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How "real" and hard are the questions of Knewton?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Retired Moderator
Status: 2000 posts! I don't know whether I should feel great or sad about it! LOL
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, MIT & HKS (Government)
WE 1: Economic research
WE 2: Banking
WE 3: Government: Foreign Trade and SMEs
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 258 [0], given: 109

GMAT Tests User
How "real" and hard are the questions of Knewton? [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2011, 19:42
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
Hi,

I have completed the OGs (11th and 12th), but in my opinion they are easier than the GMAT Prep. So, I need additional questions.

I'm thinking in using the Knewton course. How difficult are their questions? How "real" are they in comparison with the GMAT Prep and the real exam? (Specially, in SC and CR).

Thanks for your advice.

"Life’s battle doesn’t always go to stronger or faster men; but sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can."

My Integrated Reasoning Logbook / Diary: my-ir-logbook-diary-133264.html

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 457 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: How "real" and hard are the questions of Knewton? [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2011, 21:46
I have heard that Knewton Practice Questions are very close in structure to the real ones, as Knewton has a team of experts and teachers that have come from GMAC. But a current or old Knewton student can elaborate, I think.

BTW, for additional verbal practice, I think GMAC paper tests are a good resource. Give them a try.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Fuqua '14 (M)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 54

Re: How "real" and hard are the questions of Knewton? [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 08:20
Hey there...

I have taken the Knewton course and found the questions to be pretty good...and similar to those in the OG.

Keep in mind, some questions (pre-lesson assessments) are (in my mind) a waste of time (too easy, basic), but I suppose they cater to a wide range of users, some of whom are beginners.

In short, the questions are good (as you know, I've posted some of the SC ones on here).

HTHs, M.

I appreciate the kudos if you find this post helpful! +1

Retired Moderator
Status: 2000 posts! I don't know whether I should feel great or sad about it! LOL

GMAT Tests User
Re: How "real" and hard are the questions of Knewton? [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 11:09
martie11 wrote:
Hey there...

I have taken the Knewton course and found the questions to be pretty good...and similar to those in the OG.

Keep in mind, some questions (pre-lesson assessments) are (in my mind) a waste of time (too easy, basic), but I suppose they cater to a wide range of users, some of whom are beginners.

In short, the questions are good (as you know, I've posted some of the SC ones on here).

HTHs, M.

Thanks Martie! How many 700-level questions (aprox.) does the course have?

"Life’s battle doesn’t always go to stronger or faster men; but sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can."

Manager
Manager

Re: How "real" and hard are the questions of Knewton? [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 13:38
metallicafan wrote:
martie11 wrote:
Hey there...

HTHs, M.

Thanks Martie! How many 700-level questions (aprox.) does the course have?

That's hard to say because they don't give you questions by level. The quesitons are organized by topic (i.e. if you are on the SC lesson, it will give you SC homework questions).

With that in mind, I found that when I was doing questions in Knewton, they resembled those in OG (some, but not all).

Manager
Manager

Re: How "real" and hard are the questions of Knewton? [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 13:39
Don't get me wrong, Knewton didn't copy OG questions, but a few had some similarities (which is good in my opinion).

HTHs.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 32 [1] , given: 54

Re: How "real" and hard are the questions of Knewton? [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 13:40
This post received
KUDOS
BTW...

Honestly, with all the lessons, support, questions and everything that you get, it's worth the $300 bucks (or whatever the latest discount is).

Retired Moderator

GMAT Tests User
Re: How "real" and hard are the questions of Knewton? [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 13:41
martie11 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, Knewton didn't copy OG questions, but a few had some similarities (which is good in my opinion).

HTHs.

Thank you! Kudos for you :wink:

Manager
Manager

Re: How "real" and hard are the questions of Knewton? [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 13:43
metallicafan wrote:
martie11 wrote:

HTHs.

Thank you! Kudos for you :wink:

Thanks, glad you found it helpful.

Re: How "real" and hard are the questions of Knewton?   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2011, 13:43