Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 06:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How realistic is it for us to get an I-Banking job?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

How realistic is it for us to get an I-Banking job? [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2007, 05:10
How realistic is it for us, future MSF grads to get an I-Banking job after we finish the program? Any thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Schools: CBS, MIT, Kellogg, Wharton
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

[#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2007, 15:40
A tough question, I prefer not to think about it at present. Basically, it is all in your hands. The program will push you in the right direction but whether you will get there depends on you only. I know that's way too general but I don;t think we can be any more specific than that.
I am more concerned about whether I will get [b]a chance[/b] to get an IB job. As long as I have a shot, I will be satisfied and in all honesty I don't see why a grad student wouldn't get a shot for an analyst position opening.

In any event, check out the particular program's placement statistics. They are very indicative.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2007, 22:02
It is possible to go into IB with an MSF. If you look at placements at most of the schools we are applying to, the big banks are listed or at least a few students have found IB jobs. The MSF won't entitle us to anything, but I'm pretty sure it will give us some type of edge. Especially, if your undergrad was from a very lesser ranked school like mine.

Incidentally, if you look at University of Florida's placement you will see a good bunch have gone into IB as analysts.

http://www.cba.ufl.edu/fire/programs/ms ... istory.asp
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2007, 05:51
All.. Great insight. Now I feel much better about my decision and my path. I will work hard and diligent to achieve my dreams... Thanks all and good luck the rest of the way.. By the way.. where are you guys going to attend? I am leaning towards Villanova over U of Illinois due to its location and proximity to NY.
  [#permalink] 07 Dec 2007, 05:51