Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Every single girl I've seen at the GSB wears pant suits. DARK Navy blue with pinstripes or without.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree with the above.

Also, it does not hurt if you look professional and businesslike, but at the same time HOT! Remember that an interview should be fun as well.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, wear what you want.

But I like to see a traditinal dress suit.

But I'll be frank and say wear what you look hot in. Not sexy hot, but business classy hot.

Don't flame the messenger. It shouldn't matter, but the truth is it does.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks guys! I have a Dark navy blue with pin stripes, I just need to get it tailor fit because I lost a lot of wt. Unfortunately my suit is having a ball in NY. What do you guys think of charcoal gray? How is a gray with pin stripes? or a black in pin stripes?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'll tell you what (aka here comes the non pc comment) - I've been to quite a few companies and the thing that I've noticed is that the more prestigious a firm, the better looking the women (the men as well, but there's a lot more leeway). Take it for what it's worth.

It's a fact of life.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
uvs_mba wrote:
Thanks guys! I have a Dark navy blue with pin stripes, I just need to get it tailor fit because I lost a lot of wt. Unfortunately my suit is having a ball in NY. What do you guys think of charcoal gray? How is a gray with pin stripes? or a black in pin stripes?

My order of preference of pinstripe suits - navy, blk then gray. Darker the better.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: Organization and Management
Schools:Emory class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree that appearances matter and you should try to look as stunning as possible. If you look better in a pants suit, go with that. If you look better in the skirt suit, go with that. Its whatever you think you look best in. I think too many women are worried that a skirt is inappropriate so they end up wearing the pant suit and look like Ellen Degeneres or, using kidderek's example, Hilary Clinton.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
nervousgmat wrote:
I would wear whatever you are comfortable with. I don't see anything wrong with the color brown or pants. In fact, I always wear pant suits to interviews because i don't have to think things like a clinging skirt or sitting down and making sure that i am not showing too much of my leg...

At the end of the day, what matters is how you handle yourself during the interview. As long as you are not wearing something inappropriate or flashy, you should be just fine!

wouldn't that be a good thing :twisted:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
dextrous wrote:
nervousgmat wrote:
I would wear whatever you are comfortable with. I don't see anything wrong with the color brown or pants. In fact, I always wear pant suits to interviews because i don't have to think things like a clinging skirt or sitting down and making sure that i am not showing too much of my leg...

At the end of the day, what matters is how you handle yourself during the interview. As long as you are not wearing something inappropriate or flashy, you should be just fine!

Not if she gets interviewed by a female...

Seriously though. I tend to shy away from anyone wearing black (Esp. guys). Its too funeral like. Dark blue or Gray will work better. Though I must say that women can get away with a lot more in their outfits color wise. They dont have to follow the classic trends as much as men do.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
dextrous wrote:
nervousgmat wrote:

Seriously though. I tend to shy away from anyone wearing black (Esp. guys). Its too funeral like. Dark blue or Gray will work better. Though I must say that women can get away with a lot more in their outfits color wise. They dont have to follow the classic trends as much as men do.

lol, exactly I think it is better to be comfortable and I can pull off a pant suit much better than a skirt:) Thanks for all the advice guys, I will go shopping this weekend and lets see if I find something nice.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
dextrous wrote:
nervousgmat wrote:

i suppose it is a chance she will have to take, given that it is a male-dominated field!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
my two cents:

closed-toe shoes (this isn't the hard rule it used to be, but why risk it? toes are, apparently, inherently casual).

On a personal note, I don't like to wear anything too girly when I'm going for power-duds. Ruffles, chiffon, ribbons, etc. Lots of women pull it off, but I tend to be a boring dresser anyway, so I prefer a more streamlined look.

Colors - anything dark-ish is fine. brown, black, gray, navy. it's really all ok. It's not like you're interviewing for i-banking.
Director
Director
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
[#permalink]
women's fashion advice given out by men on this forum...lol...

we are truly well rounded... awesome guys...

from essays to fashion.. long live gmatclubbers
Current Student
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
[#permalink]
aviroop wrote:

Lol! I was actually waiting for you to say something! Pink suit, yellow shirt, polka dotted scarf....
Director
Director
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
[#permalink]
KingKREEP wrote:
aviroop wrote:

Lol! I was actually waiting for you to say something! Pink suit, yellow shirt, polka dotted scarf....

I can assure you that if Govinda (comic Indian movie star) gets invited to GSB, he will be making u the fashion guru
Current Student
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
[#permalink]
aviroop wrote:
KingKREEP wrote:
aviroop wrote:

I can assure you that if Govinda (comic Indian movie star) gets invited to GSB, he will be making u the fashion guru

Oh yeah Govinda...how could I forget him?!? Btw, we really haven't seen him running around trees lately. Wonder what's up with that...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
actually, im curious, how many women are there on the forum?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2