Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 10:52

Going on right now!

Interview Invites from Chicago - Booth | Join the chat room for Live Updates.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How should I include a BusinessWeek article in my app?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT Date: 07-04-2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [3] , given: 5

How should I include a BusinessWeek article in my app? [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2013, 12:13
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Admissionado
I am Tushar, college senior from India. In the beginning of this year I was interviewed by a reporter from BusinessWeek magazine about my opinion on CAT vs GMAT as well as about my profile (CAT is a very competitive entrance exam for a MBA in India). And to my amaze she wrote a a lot (~40%) about me in the article ( http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-01-25/abandon-hope-an-elite-indian-b-schools-wild-selectivity ). This article was first published online in feb13 and then in april13 in print magazine. Please go through this article, its a nice read.

Now I dont know should I write about this article in my application or not. If yes, then where should I include this and how should I include this? Right now I have written about it in a bullet point in my Achievements sections of my resume, in the following manner:
-> Interviewed by Bloomsberg Businessweek Magazine over Indian business schools and CAT vs GMAT. Article published online in Feb 2013 and in print magazine in Apr 2013.

Is it right? What else do you suggest? I am aiming for HBS 2+2, GSB, Chicago Booth, Yale.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 561 [1] , given: 30

Re: How should I include a BusinessWeek article in my app? [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2013, 22:11
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
You should absolutely include it in your application! It's fantastic. The best would be to see how you can mention this in an essay also. Because if it just one line in your resume, it may be overlooked. You can also send the school a hard copy of this article as "additional material" for their purview.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT Date: 07-04-2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [3] , given: 5

Re: How should I include a BusinessWeek article in my app? [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2013, 09:38
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks for boosting my confidence. But what do you mean by sending the hard copy as "additional material"? I checked HBS application there is no mention of sending any kind of hard copy, infact they have mentioned to not send any kind of additional material. Do other colleges accept hard copy of additional material?
If not, then is it a good idea to include the article link in "Additional Material" section?
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 561 [0], given: 30

Re: How should I include a BusinessWeek article in my app? [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2013, 22:30
Expert's post
Hey dude,
Weeeeeell, that's because it's not a thing you "normally" do. :) (Sorry though that I didn't explain totally the first time around). Basically, you send it to them "unofficially" with a short note asking them if they could please consider this additional item in your application, if not then no big deal, but if they would you would greatly appreciate it. It's not really official for any school, its just you using your brains and what you got in your profile. My guess is that for HBS unless it is something mega-major, they won't care (because everyone has been in Businessweek ;) ), but for most other schools it might have some effects,

hope this helps my friend,

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!