Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 18:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How Should I Prepare During Final Week

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 76940

CAT Tests
How Should I Prepare During Final Week [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2011, 12:00
Actually, I have 10 days to go before taking the exam.

I finished reviewing all 8 MGMAT books, then just took my first official practice exam (sans AWA). I scored 760 (47/47) and am quite shocked by receiving such a high score. My goal is at least 650 on the exam, with a secret goal of 700+, so I am obviously thrilled...but a bit suspicious. I hope this wasn't a crazy anomaly.

So far, I have read the 8 MGMAT books (stopped half way through sentence correction), and worked all problem solving and data sufficiency OG questions plus a handful of each type of verbal. I have not worked many verbal because my diagnostics put me at avg-above avg in quants, but excellent in verbal.

What do you experts suggest I concentrate on most during my last preparation week?

I am leaning toward spending about 3/4 of the remaining time on quant and the rest on verbal, since quant is such a lower percentile. Plus, I haven't even looked at AWA prep, but figure one day's practice on AWA should be sufficient??

Any suggestions would be appreciated. (PS, I am 48 years old, so a kick-ass score may help my prospects more than it would most people's). Based on the demographic statistics of the schools I have looked at, I would be the oldest student by quite a large margin. Funny, I don't feel THAT old.

Last edited by fredmanntra on 30 Dec 2011, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 589 [0], given: 114

Re: How Should I Prepare During Final Week [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2011, 13:11
See my post here, and there are a few posts regarding the last month/weeks of studying... all-january-test-takers-124826.html

Its hard to give you advice without more details on your previous studying.

I would recommend at least a couple FULL LENGTH practice tests with AWA. (Here is the best post ever compiled showing how to get a 6 on AWA: how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html) You need to give AWA some thought b/c anything less than a 4 and you're not going to a Bschool. Also, you need to see how it feels to do a full length test with AWA. Test day Stamina is so important, you should try to continue to build that. If you are truly shooting for 650+ and and threw a timed 760 down on a new test with AWA, then you should right on track for a strong test day. What are your previous test scores?

Also see my post here: 10-tips-to-improve-your-score-app-with-no-extra-studying-124393.html to study of on some of the intangibles to help you on test day. Remember a 760 on a practice test means nothing if you can't put down a score you're happywith on test day. So stay motivated, study hard, and put the GMAT behind you forever.

Good luck!

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 76940

CAT Tests
Re: How Should I Prepare During Final Week [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2011, 17:19
Thanks for the advice. I edited my initial post to provide more clear background information. I will be sure to spend time practicing for the AWA.
Re: How Should I Prepare During Final Week   [#permalink] 30 Dec 2011, 17:19