Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 20:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How soon can I start working on the essays?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 23

How soon can I start working on the essays? [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2012, 22:13
Hi,
I'm applying to part time programs (round 2 in Jan 2013 and round 3 in March 2013).
Would it reflect negatively if I start working on some of the essays now? (4 to 6 months in advance). I'm sure the electronic applications must be recording when did the applicant begun working on the app. Would the AdCom wonder why did the applicant take so long to work on the app?

thanks,
Rohit
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 559 [1] , given: 30

Re: How soon can I start working on the essays? [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2012, 00:01
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
On the contrary! Starting now is AWESOME!
It will give you the best possible essays.
Keep it up.
and happy that you are soooooo well-prepared.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 48 [1] , given: 10

Re: How soon can I start working on the essays? [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2012, 00:22
This post received
KUDOS
Rohit,

It's ok to start working on the essays early. If you are expecting some major developments in the coming months, there be might quite a bit of re-work needed, or the essays may start appearing stale...like that Sharman Joshi movie that got shot 9 years back, but just got released to cash in on his newfound fame. Well, off-topic, but you get the point.

Also, if you are concerned about what Adcoms might think (I don't think it's an issue though), you could just work on a MS Word doc and keep it on your laptop.

The most time-consuming aspect of bschool apps are the essays. The rest of the objective data is relatively easier to fill in.

So why upload it 3-4 months in advance on a third-party website, when it's easier to access, update and backup the same content on a PC?

But just curious. If you are starting now and you have all the inputs ready, why not aim for Round 1?

Sameer Kamat | Founder - MBA Crystal Ball | Email: info at mbacrystalball dot com

Re: How soon can I start working on the essays?   [#permalink] 07 Sep 2012, 00:22