Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2015, 23:03
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How soon did your recommender submit your rec?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

How soon did your recommender submit your rec? [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2008, 12:49
A month ago I gave my recommender a rec form in pdf format but told that it is just a sample and that he would need to do it online later.

I added him to the online app system yesterday in the morning.By the time I went home in the evening,I saw that my recommendation was submitted.

Should I be worried that he did not spend much time on the rec?

How much time shud a recommender spend on the rec letter?
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 157 [0], given: 12

Re: How soon did your recommender submit your rec? [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2008, 13:01
be happy he submitted it so soon :) I wouldn't worry too much and it's out of your hands now anyway
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 4

Re: How soon did your recommender submit your rec? [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2008, 13:23
fall09 wrote:
A month ago I gave my recommender a rec form in pdf format but told that it is just a sample and that he would need to do it online later.

I added him to the online app system yesterday in the morning.By the time I went home in the evening,I saw that my recommendation was submitted.

Should I be worried that he did not spend much time on the rec?

How much time shud a recommender spend on the rec letter?

haha same thing happened to me. as terp said, there's not much you can do about it now...however i would still discuss with your recommender what they included so you can make sure your other recommenders don't re-iterate the same points.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: How soon did your recommender submit your rec? [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2008, 16:28
Hmmm..how can I ask what he mentioned in the rec letter? Is it proper to do so?
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 119 [0], given: 6

Re: How soon did your recommender submit your rec? [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2008, 16:57
fall09 wrote:
Hmmm..how can I ask what he mentioned in the rec letter? Is it proper to do so?

What does it matter now? If he is going to write more letters for you, it might be worth while asking, but I think your impact will be minimal. He isn't going to suddenly start writing really good letters if they sucked before.

One of my recommenders submitted the morning he got the emails. I'm pretty sure he did a good job (he said it took him 2-3 hours each), he's a smart guy and I provide a number of "cheat sheets" on what to include and what to avoid.

Either way, it's too late now, so....

RF

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: How soon did your recommender submit your rec? [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2008, 18:32
I talked to my other(second) recommender and asked him feedback about my performance.

I believe both my recommenders would talk about the same +ves/-ves.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg '11 (MMM)
WE 1: Engineer at a Food & Beverage Company
WE 2: Engineer at an Automotive Supplier
WE 3: Consultant at a Management Consulting Firm
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 0

Re: How soon did your recommender submit your rec? [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2008, 19:01
This post received
KUDOS
Ugh I envy your position.

I approached both of my recs in mid-August. One of them took painstaking care to write the perfect rec. The other hasn't even started. My first rec is due on Friday and I'm sweating bullets.

Honestly, I'm guessing the rec is the least-weighted part of the app. They have to know you have no control over how thorough your recommender is going to be.

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature."

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: How soon did your recommender submit your rec? [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2008, 12:17
Mine have been submitting them very very close (some an hour or so) before the deadline. I trust all of them though to turn it in on time but it is still nervewracking :)
Re: How soon did your recommender submit your rec?   [#permalink] 12 Oct 2008, 12:17