Some of my offers are expiring but the school on the top of my list won't give me a final decision until 2 weeks later. How to ask nicely for an offer deadline extension? I really don't want to let them know I'm waiting for their competitors.
I tried and was unsuccessful doing so. What caliber of schools are you looking at? I'd just go for it and ask without giving a reason why. In the end you might have to bite the bullet and give them the deposit money as a backup - that's what I had to do.