Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 10:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to build resume to get into a company like Bain/Deloitte

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

How to build resume to get into a company like Bain/Deloitte [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 08:49
I would like to work for a company like Bain or Deloitte - which has a great reputation for giving back to the community and create real social impact.

My current employer is very closed-minded regarding employee time in the community events, but I would like to develop my resume in this respect.

Any suggestions for how I could accomplish this?
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [2] , given: 107

Re: How to build resume to get into a company like Bain/Deloitte [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 09:02
This post received
KUDOS
sb84 wrote:
I would like to work for a company like Bain or Deloitte - which has a great reputation for giving back to the community and create real social impact.

My current employer is very closed-minded regarding employee time in the community events, but I would like to develop my resume in this respect.

Any suggestions for how I could accomplish this?

To clarify: Do you currently have community service experience or are you looking to get this type of experience?

If you're just thinking about how to position it on your resume, I would consider having a "leadership" or "volunteer experience" section that goes under your work experience. Here, you can list each organization you've worked with and include your specific role and accomplishments, the time you've been involved, etc, the same way as you would for your work experience.

If you're looking to get community service experience, I would look to find organizations that focus on specific interests. Are you passionate about healthcare? Education? Women's rights? The enivornment? While it's fine to volunteer in a number of different organizations, it's great if you have some consistency that you can tie back to your career goals.

I'm looking to do something similar, and I agree that these firms seem like a good way to get involved in social impact. Good luck!
Re: How to build resume to get into a company like Bain/Deloitte   [#permalink] 10 Jan 2013, 09:02