Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 18:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to Create Error Logs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

How to Create Error Logs [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 17:04
Hi,

I am planning to give Gmat in next 2.5 months. I need your help in creating error logs.
I am practicing from OGs and Grockit.Shall i create error logs while practicing?What needs to be included.I downloaded few excels from this forum but they seems very hard to understand.
Pls. explain step wise to create Error Logs.

Regards,
Gourav.

Study Daily to conquer GMAT.

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 114

Re: How to Create Error Logs [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 20:48
Manager
Manager

Re: How to Create Error Logs [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 21:40
GMATLA wrote:
Why create one when you can download some of the best templates online here: gmat-error-log-86232.html

We've got you covered! These are the templates I used for my study. Worked great!

GOOD LUCK!

I am sorry i think i was not able to clearly state that what i actually need.I have downloaded the templates already. but m confused how to use that..I mean what questions shall i enter in that .e.g shall i enter info abt the wrong questions that i am getting during preparation or Mock test?
For practice i am using OGs(all 3) and Grockit, and for mocks i am using GMATPrep and MGMAT.

I hope i made my clear this time.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2326

Kudos [?]: 9471 [0], given: 3703

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: How to Create Error Logs [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 21:42
Expert's post
You should do whatever you are comfortable with doing. Ultimately you want to have all your ERRORS documented. You are welcome to document the correct ones as well so you know where you stand but that's not required.

Just do it. a piece of paper works just fine.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 114

Re: How to Create Error Logs [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 21:48
Typical information you would include is the problem #, what source the question was from, why you think you missed the question and what topic you need to learn, what you answered, what the correct answer is, what you should do next time. I sometimes even kept track if I took too long a problem even if I solved it. I wanted to make sure I took the best route to solving the next time around. It's all about keeping track of what your doing, so that when you do something right or wrong, you can learn from it again and again. Error logs become AWESOME, once you added to them over time. It's a great thing to come back to weeks after doing those problems and making big progress.

Best of luck, and let us know if you have any questions.

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Re: How to Create Error Logs [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 22:47
GMATLA wrote:
Typical information you would include is the problem #, what source the question was from, why you think you missed the question and what topic you need to learn, what you answered, what the correct answer is, what you should do next time. I sometimes even kept track if I took too long a problem even if I solved it. I wanted to make sure I took the best route to solving the next time around. It's all about keeping track of what your doing, so that when you do something right or wrong, you can learn from it again and again. Error logs become AWESOME, once you added to them over time. It's a great thing to come back to weeks after doing those problems and making big progress.

Best of luck, and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the great Info. I will start making logs from now onwards.

Manager
Manager

Re: How to Create Error Logs [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 23:21
bb wrote:
You should do whatever you are comfortable with doing. Ultimately you want to have all your ERRORS documented. You are welcome to document the correct ones as well so you know where you stand but that's not required.

Just do it. a piece of paper works just fine.

Thanks BB.
I need one more help . Pls. Evaluate my study plan for next 2-3 months. I have asked on other post also . But still copying here .

I am non native English speaker with 2+ years of experience in IT industry with a big MNC .I started the GMAT preparation 6 months back.I gave the GMAT Prep Mock that time and scored 530 not sure about breakup score but i think it was (48 Q 23 V) .Since i am targeting 700+ so it was quite clear that i need to improve a lot.I am giving my best to study daily according to advices in the forum.
Quant will not be a big problem for me but verbal is a nightmare.
So for Verbal i have done following things:-
Studied Manhattan SC , power score CR and daily reading editorial page of newspaper(let me tell u i was never interested in reading at all before my preparation:) :))
Till now i have practiced SC,Cr and RC from:
OG(10,11,12).
Grockit.

So after all this today my Mock scores are:-
Gmat prep - 660 (Q 49, V 32)
Manhattan Cat- 620(Q 43, v 33)(I was surprised to see my quant score, but digested finally since i have never practiced Quant for GMAT).

I have realized that i am improving gradually. One problem which i see in me is i am not able to manage the time in CAT.i.e am not able to finish verbal even..Every time i am making Quick guesses in the last RC passage of mocks.i have read timings strategies that this forum is mentioning but some how i am not able to apply probably because of the stress that ticking clock gives me .
I have to achieve my goal of 700+ for converting my dream to reality.

And Please Evaluate my Study Plan:-
1)Daily 3-4 Passages from RC99 and 10,11,12 OGs. Daily reading Fiction books. Got few books, mentioned in Gmat fiction post :) :) :) .
2)15 days assigned to SC -
Reading Manhattan SC chapter by chapter.
Practice all 3 OGs 10,11 & 12.
Also using Grockit Questions.
3) 15-18 Days CR
Power Score Bible CR chapter by chapter
Pratice Grockit and OGs.

Finished Verbal by now while doing Quant will give Verbal mocks from MGMAT and Gmat Prep.
4) 20-25 days to Quant . Practice from Grockit and OG 12.
After Finishing Quant will practice 6-7 Full tests.
Finally after revision of my weaknesses , Will Give the Exam.

P.S:- I will be having a break in studies in feb end for around 2 weeks. Will that affect my performance when i come back?

Thanks In Advance.

Re: How to Create Error Logs   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2011, 23:21