Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 10:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

How Would You Rate This Video?

• 53% [45]
  • 28% [24]
  • 11% [10]
  • 3% [3]
  • 2% [2]
TAGS:
Expert Post
8 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2280

Kudos [?]: 8825 [8] , given: 3667

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 09:46
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

How to Efficiently Solve RC Questions

a Video Lecture by e-GMAT | A part of the 1,000,000 posts celebration

The purpose of this session is to help you solve Reading Comprehension questions efficiently while attaining high accuracy. This session is designed for test takers who essentially need to improve on RC. The strategies, techniques and processes presented in this session have been designed in conjunction with hundreds of e-GMAT customers and have worked wonderfully well for non-natives.

After this session, we recommend you to take the practice exercises. These practice exercises contain 10 Passages, 40 questions with detailed solutions. Get the exercises here.

Have comments or questions?

Post them here

Free Tests Day Code:

Nov12Free. You can redeem it here: http://gmatclub.com/tests/price.html just pick the one-day package.

50% off GMAT Apps

GMAT Toolkit for iPhone and Android are on 50% sale today

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Last edited by bb on 12 Nov 2012, 17:54, edited 6 times in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Followers: 288

Kudos [?]: 2427 [1] , given: 693

Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 12:21
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I saw it. Ok This is my opinion.

PRO
This video has all you need, really, to ttackle RC passages on the Gmat. Well explained, with a logic consequence of the process that you could do throughtout the passage.
After months of study, I 'm arrived on the same things that the video says well.

CONS.

Maybe a bit the pronunciation (of course the speaker (her) is not native). But after several videos by Ron Purewal with his super super intricate language :D this is so easy to understand.

really helpful :)

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Last edited by carcass on 13 Nov 2012, 01:00, edited 2 times in total.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1268

Kudos [?]: 3529 [1] , given: 185

Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2012, 15:16
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi guys, Please find the HD version of the recording below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeT9_Wr0DlI&feature=youtu.be

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 8825 [0], given: 3667

Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 09:48
Expert's post
Reserved For Future Use

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Expert Post
Followers: 288

Kudos [?]: 2427 [0], given: 693

Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 09:51
Expert's post
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 11:14
Expert's post
We are also going to open up the voting on the video today instead of waiting for next week, while it is still fresh in everyone's mind.

If you have watched the video, please vote!
Thanks,
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 159 [0], given: 13

Premium Member
Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 12:47
How can I redeem the free gmatclub tests?

I went to http://gmatclub.com/tests/price.html and picked the one-day package and entered the code. The price became $0, but it's still requesting my paypal info.

Advice, Musings, and Experiences from a member of the HBS Class of 2016
http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 16:47
Expert's post
DefyingGravity wrote:
How can I redeem the free gmatclub tests?

I went to http://gmatclub.com/tests/price.html and picked the one-day package and entered the code. The price became $0, but it's still requesting my paypal info.

You can either refresh that page or use this link: http://gmatclub.com/tests/user/subscrib ... =Nov12Free which will clear the cache.

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 17:55
Expert's post
Just added a link to the exercises for AFTER the video: practice-questions-for-how-to-solve-rc-efficiently-142310.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
Math Expert
Followers: 3501

Kudos [?]: 26442 [0], given: 2712

Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2012, 08:35
Expert's post
Expert Post
Math Expert

Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2012, 13:43
Expert's post

Best questions & answers from comments

T-Bone Raiser wrote:
Hi Rajat/Shradha,

I have a more generic question about RC. Although I scored well on RCs in practice tests, on the actual test I observed a fatigue by the time I reached the verbal section due to which I could hardly focus on the RCs and some CRs as well.

Is there anything that you could suggest me ?
e-GMAT wrote:
Hi there,
First of all thanks for watching the video. We hope it was helpful.
Secondly, I’m sure a lot of GMAT takers can relate to your issue. GMAT indeed is long test and it does get you tired. However, you can overcome this problem by building muscle. And how can you do that? Take a lot of mock tests. These practice tests get you in the habit of taking the full-length tests, helping you to increase your stamina. Another approach you can take is to take just full length verbal tests using Grockit.
The second thing you need to do is to internalize standard approach to solve different sections. For example, at e-gmat, we focus “Pre-think” approach for CR. Similarly, we have a very scientific “Meaning-based” approach for SC. In the video, you saw the “Key Reading strategies” to comprehend passages better.
Internalizing standard approaches helps you attempt questions in a systematic manner so that you don’t go back and forth in the question stem to get to the correct answer. This reduces mental friction and hence lessens fatigue.
Also when you internalize standard approaches for various sections, you know how to begin analyzing questions as the method comes very naturally to you and you can solve questions faster, even when you are fatigued. So try to develop standard approaches for various kinds of questions.
Hope this helps. :-)
Thanks.

Diptarka Moitra wrote:
does having a solid base of sentence correction and critical reasoning helps in solving RC questions?
e-GMAT wrote:
Hi Diptarka,
Let me begin by thanking you for watching our video.
The answer to your question is “Yes”. A solid based for Sentence Correction does help improve your comprehension ability. In fact we recommend doing SC before starting RC. Here’s why. RC passages often include long sentences. Knowledge of sentence structure helps you comprehend such long sentences and relate them to information that preceded the sentence.
Hope this helps. :-)
Thanks.

For more check: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

NEW TO MATH FORUM? PLEASE READ THIS: ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT!!!

PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 11 Rules for Posting!!!

RESOURCES: [GMAT MATH BOOK]; 1. Triangles; 2. Polygons; 3. Coordinate Geometry; 4. Factorials; 5. Circles; 6. Number Theory; 7. Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets; 9. PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders; 11. GMAT Prep Software Analysis NEW!!!; 12. SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) NEW!!!; 12. Tricky questions from previous years. NEW!!!;

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS ; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.

What are GMAT Club Tests?
25 extra-hard Quant Tests

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 6

Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 03:00
Youtube says that the user has removed the video. How come?
Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 11-18-2012

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 23

Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 09:18
Grenium wrote:
Youtube says that the user has removed the video. How come?

Hey dude,

Same error occured for me as well

Thriving for CHANGE

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 09:20
I would have really enjoyed to watch this video however it seems to have been removed from youtube.. Is this for a particular reason or is it possible to still view it from another source maybe?

Thanks a lot !
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 09:37
Expert's post
Thank you Guys - I have fixed the link. Please try again.
Thank you and happy holidays!

BB.

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
Math Expert

Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2013, 23:12
Expert's post
SVP
SVP
Followers: 260

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2014, 23:47
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT   [#permalink] 04 Sep 2014, 23:47