Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 10:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

how to get 550 in gmat [1month prep]!!urgent!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

how to get 550 in gmat [1month prep]!!urgent! [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2009, 16:18
guys,

this is my second gmat attempt.. i gave the first attempt 2 years back ..got worst possible score one can get..it was way near 400! i know its pathetic ...it was zero preparation. i am basically weak in quantitative section.i feel tensed when i see math problems on screen ..neways i have been prep for gmat for the past few months.. to enhance my math skills. i have gone thru OG 12 and math course material of some gmat institute..i am also practicing problems from gmat club forum.it has been very useful.. i want to get quant score of around 40... i guess my verbal is fine (SC and CR).. gone thru Power score and manhattan... but when i start giving practice questions in powerprep my mind goes blank!!lolz! i feel like i know it but cant figure out how to..i get tensed and screw the rest of the sections if i get 1 wrong...i am giving the exam on nov2... going on intense prep...please help me out...i about to get married..i have put everything on hold..just to clear gmat with atleast a score of 550 ....please help me out
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2159

Kudos [?]: 7584 [0], given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: how to get 550 in gmat [1month prep]!!urgent! [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2009, 21:29
Expert's post
neomax85 wrote:
guys,

this is my second gmat attempt.. i gave the first attempt 2 years back ..got worst possible score one can get..it was way near 400! i know its pathetic ...it was zero preparation. i am basically weak in quantitative section.i feel tensed when i see math problems on screen ..neways i have been prep for gmat for the past few months.. to enhance my math skills. i have gone thru OG 12 and math course material of some gmat institute..i am also practicing problems from gmat club forum.it has been very useful.. i want to get quant score of around 40... i guess my verbal is fine (SC and CR).. gone thru Power score and manhattan... but when i start giving practice questions in powerprep my mind goes blank!!lolz! i feel like i know it but cant figure out how to..i get tensed and screw the rest of the sections if i get 1 wrong...i am giving the exam on nov2... going on intense prep...please help me out...i about to get married..i have put everything on hold..just to clear gmat with atleast a score of 550 ....please help me out

You need to practice in timed environment. When you work on OG 12, or other questions, you need to time yourself and always feel the pressure of the clock.
Even with gmat club forums - don't sit leisurely for 5 minutes solving a question, but rather limit yourself to 2 minutes. Best if you can take full length tests (with AWA) - that will set you straight.

Any question that you miss - save it and print it out for your file to review later. If you find that you can't solve one of the question multiple times, go back and refresh your knowledge on the subject.

550 is about average score - you should be able to get there in a few weeks after taking full-length tests (assuming your verbal is OK)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: how to get 550 in gmat [1month prep]!!urgent! [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2009, 21:48
thanks!!for the help!!i guess i get too much too much tensed ...and loose focus.. let me try...i will update my progress!!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Re: how to get 550 in gmat [1month prep]!!urgent! [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2009, 15:53
Since you have only 1 month review and know that math is a big weakness, i'd buy the manhattan math review books and practice nothing but math a couple of hours everyday for the entire month.

IMO, just practicing problems out of the official guide doesn't help as much because the explanations in the book are really poor.

like neomax85 said, practicing under timed conditions is really key to doing well on the test.

Good luck!

Paul

Focused GMAT Prep
http://www.thegmatbootcamp.com

Re: how to get 550 in gmat [1month prep]!!urgent!   [#permalink] 06 Oct 2009, 15:53