Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 01:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to get the 6 free Manhattan GMAT CATs?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

How to get the 6 free Manhattan GMAT CATs? [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2009, 22:58
Hi guys,

I've read that the 6 manhattan CATs are free for any purchase of manhattan gmat guides. How does this work? I'm going to buy one from a bookstore but can't confirm if I still get the free access even if I don't buy directly from manhattan website.
I registered in Manhattan website and took the first free CAT but can't figure out how to access the 5 other CATs. How do I do this?

Please advise.

Thanks! :)
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: how to get the free 6 CATs? [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2009, 00:55
vanilla wrote:
Hi guys,

I've read that the 6 manhattan CATs are free for any purchase of manhattan gmat guides. How does this work? I'm going to buy one from a bookstore but can't confirm if I still get the free access even if I don't buy directly from manhattan website.
I registered in Manhattan website and took the first free CAT but can't figure out how to access the 5 other CATs. How do I do this?

Please advise.

Hey vanilla... all you do is buy the book, you can get it from a bookstore, or Amazon like I did.
There is a number on the backpage of the book. You just need to go and register on the MGMAT website and punch in the code and it's as simple as that.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 215 [1] , given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: how to get the free 6 CATs? [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2009, 20:15
This post received
KUDOS
hi,

as long as you buy it from a reputable book store or online retailer (like amazon), then you should have no problem getting the 6 free tests. the instructions on how to access the tests come with the book. basically as was posted above, you have to make a login on their website, and they ask you to enter in a specific word on a specific page # to verify you actually own the book. then you enter in a registration code. after that, you have access to all 6 tests.

if you buy the book used, and if the previous owner already registered the book online, then i dont think it will let you re-register the book. in this case , you'd have to ask the previous owner for his/her login information so you can access the tests.

in case you're wondering, you can take each of the 6 tests one at a time, but you can't retake any one of them until you finish all 6. so for example, if you've taken 4 of the 6 free tests, you will have access to the score reports and explanations for the 4, but you can't retake any of those 4 until you finish the last 2. once you finish all 6, all the tests will reset (i believe), so you wont have access to the test reports, etc. for any of them (they will all be blank).

GMAT Debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS,Oxford SAID,INSEAD,NUS
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 25

Re: how to get the free 6 CATs? [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2009, 18:29
Hi ,
I registered the code in gmat login and am able to access my Question banks , but I cant see the MGMAT CAT in my login . All I can see under CAT page is

CAT 1 ( Free) - I think this is the free exam which is available for everyone .

where can I see the 6 CATs in my login?

FEB 15 2010 !!

well I would not disturb you after the D-day ..so please !!!

It Will Snow In Green , One Day !!!!

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 68 [1] , given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: how to get the free 6 CATs? [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2009, 21:20
This post received
KUDOS
Snowingreen wrote:
Hi ,
I registered the code in gmat login and am able to access my Question banks , but I cant see the MGMAT CAT in my login . All I can see under CAT page is

CAT 1 ( Free) - I think this is the free exam which is available for everyone .

where can I see the 6 CATs in my login?

You won't see all 6 at the same time. Once you are done with the first (free) one, you will get the option to take the next one, and then the next, so on and so forth.

This is what you should see in your practice center:

Quote:
NOTE: After taking the first CAT exam, the option to take the second test will appear below your first exam. After the sixth exam is completed, you will be given an option to reset the CAT exams. After resetting the CAT Exams, please be aware that you will see questions that you have already seen during the previous six exams. If you have access to the Free GMAT Exam, and subsequently purchase full access to the CAT exams, you must take the Free GMAT Exam to receive access to the remaining exams.
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS,Oxford SAID,INSEAD,NUS
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 25

Re: how to get the free 6 CATs? [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2009, 03:35
Thanks Jivana..I thought I was missing something.

FEB 15 2010 !!

well I would not disturb you after the D-day ..so please !!!

It Will Snow In Green , One Day !!!!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: How to get the 6 free Manhattan GMAT CATs? [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2009, 20:58
Hi guys,

Sorry to be asking again. I just can't seem to figure it out.

I've created an account prior to buying the books. I completed the free CAT after registering. Now that I have the book and will have access to the remaining 5 CATs, do I need to re-register? If I don't need to, where can I input my book code, etc? I accessed the student center but I can't find the link where I can input my book code and gain access to the remaining CATs.

Hope you can help.

Re: How to get the 6 free Manhattan GMAT CATs?   [#permalink] 02 Nov 2009, 20:58