Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

how to improve my score by atleast 70-80 points

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Human Resources
GMAT Date: 01-31-2013
GPA: 3.65
WE: Research (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 22

how to improve my score by atleast 70-80 points [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 01:51
Hi all
My GMAT is scheduled for feb. 7th. I am getting the scores much below my target ( at least 680).
my scores so far are :
MGMAT (free): 560
MGMAT1 : 600
MGMAT2 : 580
MGMAT 3: 590
free test by HULT: 610-640
I have given the tests in GMAT prep about 2 months bacl and score in the range of 550.

please advice me how can i improve my score in this short time. will aprreciate your suggestions/tips..

Press Kudos if you find my post useful. Thank you.

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: how to improve my score by atleast 70-80 points [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 02:22
9 view and no reply :x
Plz am desperatley waiting for your tips as am getting super tensed now :cry:

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 22 [2] , given: 247

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: how to improve my score by atleast 70-80 points [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 04:07
This post received
KUDOS
Dear tiara,

that's a tough question unless you don't provide us with some score breakdowns. What I can say is that scores below 600 most often show some lack of understanding of the basic concepts. So based on the materials you have, I would try to solidify the basics for the next couple of days (2-3 max), then do a CAT and see if I have moved (best download the GMATPrep official software by GMAC, because that's the best software to gauge your level). Then in the final days till February 7th please try to work out what are your strengths and weaknesses. Work only on areas which you can significantly improve and solidify in these 4-5 days, and do not loose time on complex areas (e.g. permutations and combinatorics) which you can not improve in 4 days time. Do a final GMATPrep CAT 2 days before the exam and do not study on the day before the exam! Get high quality sleep!

In the test center - skip questions from your weak areas and give yourself more time for strengths (provided you can't solve questions from strong areas within or below time limits of 2 mins).

Wish you good luck! I'll be happy to help you further! Kudos?

All the best!

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 69

Kudos [?]: 435 [1] , given: 448

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: how to improve my score by atleast 70-80 points [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 13:03
This post received
KUDOS
I think bgpower has mentioned a lot of good things.

I will not be surprised if you are able to bump up your score from MGMAT CATs. Those are designed to be a bit difficult.

I'd also say do only official questions and nail your timing strategy. Take a couple of GMAT preps with AWA and IR and practice 10-15 ques. together. Review your mistakes, try to learn/extract some concept/trick/trap from every question you attempt and be confident that you can achieve your target score.

PM people, who are done with their GMATs, with your specific hurdles. You will definitely get some valuable advice.

Best

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Intern
Intern

Re: how to improve my score by atleast 70-80 points [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 20:31
Thank you bgpower and jumsumtak for the replies. I would try to make my strength Quant better and will work on my weakness (verbal) too...lets c how it goes :roll:

Re: how to improve my score by atleast 70-80 points   [#permalink] 29 Jan 2013, 20:31