Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 13:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HOW TO IMPROVE SCORE IN VERBAL: RETAKE GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

HOW TO IMPROVE SCORE IN VERBAL: RETAKE GMAT [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2013, 06:56
Hi..
I have appeared for GMAT thrice and have scored 620,600,600 resply. I studied well for the first one, but hurriedly booked for the second only because I could not accept low score..I got so much annoyed that I booked second GMAT (for next month) 2 days after I gave the first one.
And ...I did get result for my bad decision..Score reduced to 600 !
Then after an year ,I came to know that GMAT is including IR section... and I must admit I am not that good at IR.. Yet again, I booked GMAT not because I was very well prepared, but feared that IR would drag me further down. The score in the third test was again 600.
I have always struggled with time management in GMAT and everytime had to blindly mark last 4-5 questions in Verbal. My Quants although is fair enough (coz I got around 44 every time) but got stuck in Verbal (score only around 26-28).

Because am determined to do MBA from one of the top universities, I want to get good score at GMAT to make my application stronger.
I do know that GMAT is only one of the criterias, but, I suppose that better score improves chances of admission.
Though late, I have learnt that there's no point in booking for GMAT before I get good score in Mock tests.It's been 3 months that I have been preparing hard..but am again not improving my scores in mock tests. No need to mention I have practiced thousands of questions and also OGs.
I have just finished with one of the reputed prep classes for GMAT and now that my concepts are far more clear than they used to be , I am still getting scores around 630-640 in mock tests.. I know that I have potential to perform better, and I believe that a scope for improvement always exists, but am worried that I may lose interest in reading same thing and doing similar questions again and again.Truly speaking, frustation has started knocking !
Please suggest how I can improve my verbal score..
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
HOW TO IMPROVE SCORE IN VERBAL: RETAKE GMAT   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2013, 06:56