Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? Material Used :

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? Material Used : [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2010, 07:27
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ?

Material Used : Manhattan and OG books .

Verbal Score in Manhattan CATS is between 17 to 28 which overall is

43% CR
45% RC
48% SC

Please advice ,as I will be taking GMAT in last week of Jan
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 42 [1] , given: 3

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2010, 10:57
This post received
KUDOS
I am in the same boat you are. I'm taking mine on Jan. 28. Here is my plan:

Yesterday I took a Full Practice test with AWA on MGMAT and scored 640 (43Q 35V).
Today I am going to go over the mistakes I made.

Q: I know I can improve my Quant if I review the Word Translation book again and practice the GMAT Club Tests each day.

CR: I need to finish PowerScore's Critical Reasoning Bible (I am more than halfway finished) and review over a few key chapters, such as Weakening, Strengthening, and Support.

SC: Review MGMAT's Sentence Correction book and STUDY IDIOMS! I can't stress how important this is. Just because you knew one idiom rule could lead to a 1-4 or 2-3 split, making it so much easier to choose an answer.

RC: Finish reading the Great Gatsby. I've been studying most the time and haven't had much time to read it in a justifiable amount of time. I'm more than half way through that, too.

That's a lot to do, but I hope I can finish everything in time.

Last edited by Nach0 on 10 Jan 2010, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU, Columbia
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 24

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2010, 11:21
I am in the same boat too guys as you both are. I have my exam on 27th on Jan. Y not all three of us report what we did every day, so we don't feel we are alone. Each of us can give plan for next day and give info, did we stick to our plan.

Hey buddy I have same Problem like you, trouble with verbal. I will be finishing MGMAT virbal SC, RC and CR today, I am attaching the PDF for you guys. Hope it will help you.

From tomorrow I will be doing CAT practice every morning from 9:00 to 1:00 with AWA as well. Then will take a 1 hour break and from 2:00PM to 5:00PM working on mistake I made in the test. Will be checking my spelling manually on word with AWA, as its not possible to grade it on CAT. Then will take one hour break and will start practicing OG 11, and other material I have.

If you like my plan let me know, it will be great company and will surely improve our score. I been practicing OG and Princeton review and other materials last 15 days, its not easy at all but we can do it. I have lot of material but lack of time. So plz let me know what ever you guys need.

OK not possible to upload here max 2 mb, I cant post link ether, I will email you guys.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 3

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2010, 12:36
This sounds like a good idea. I'll keep posted in this thread.
Intern
Intern

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2010, 13:33
Nach0 wrote:

Alright then you and me are in. Thanks for Support. I will keep Posting in this thread too.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2010, 13:45
shrut999 wrote:
Nach0 wrote:

Alright then you and me are in. Thanks for Support. I will keep Posting in this thread too.

That sounds like a plan. I am also in. I will be taking Manhattan Cat today and then will discuss my score later.

Good Luck
Intern
Intern

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2010, 15:15
Thanks guys, Will keep you update with my work.
Intern
Intern

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2010, 17:59
today's progress: reviewed the correct/incorrect answers from last night's test. i got about 3-4 questions right just by guessing :) got most the SC questions correct, except for a few because I didn't know the idiom. got a lot of CR and RC questions wrong...seems like i'm misunderstanding or completely not understanding what the answer choice is saying. missed some quant problems because of silly mistakes, i think I could have gotten 3-4 more right if i thought it through for another 5-10 seconds.

then I practiced two chapters worth of word translation problems and did a GMAT club test. now i need to review it. i think i did better than 28% of GMAT users... can't remember correctly. takin a break right now and gonna review the GMAT test later and review some CR subjects and idioms a little.
Intern
Intern

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2010, 19:14
Nach0 wrote:
got a lot of CR and RC questions wrong...seems like i'm misunderstanding or completely not understanding what the answer choice is saying.

Check the E-mail I send you, It will help you. in both of them.
Intern
Intern

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2010, 21:05
I studied from about 1PM to 9PM with multiple breaks... if I studied the whole 8 hours I think my brain would explode...

And I got your email, but I don't think I got any files.
Intern
Intern

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2010, 22:06
dude there is a link in it, go to the link file are there in the folder.
Intern
Intern

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2010, 06:34
Nach0 wrote:
Nope. Try sending it again.

I send you just now, all the way in the end right before thanks, its a mediafire link.
Intern
Intern

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2010, 08:52
Thanks, this will increase the already heavy workload I have so far, haha. I'm actually going to go out and buy the MGMAT Number Properties Guide today so I can practice with that too.
Intern
Intern

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2010, 09:24
Guys I tried the CAT, I guess I am taking too easy on this, I was shot of time on Q and V both by 10 and 15 questions respectively. I guess I have to raise my gears or I will be F by GMAT lol. Post further later, right now finishing OG 11 number problems and data sufficiency.
Intern
Intern

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2010, 09:26
Nach0 wrote:
Thanks, this will increase the already heavy workload I have so far, haha. I'm actually going to go out and buy the MGMAT Number Properties Guide today so I can practice with that too.

I have few more PDF on MGMAT but they are not on "number properties" Check it out send you the link on ur email.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2010, 16:16
Hi guys!
I'm writing mine on the 30th! I wanna know how you're planning to improve more on verbal.
Here's all I've done so far =)
Good luck to all of us!
rewriting-in-26-days-88760.html
(I hope there's a way to find my thread) I work full time, so I have the weekends, 1 hour in the morning and 2 hours in the evening to study. Please advise!
Intern
Intern

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2010, 19:18
Hey mate,
First of all how are you? We are giving our exam on last week of Jan as you are. For maths and verble I am trying to finish OG v11 and try to cover new question in OG v12, there is on x-L file here which for maintaining recored. Wait i will post the thread in next post. Then we are trying to do 1 CAT test at-least a DAY. you can take GMAT prep multiple times there are more test available on this forum.

For verbal I am trying to do the way MGMAT shows some one advice that MGMAT is best for Verble, If you want I can send you PDF the links to download. Just try every thing we can, for me only 14 days left.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2010, 19:45
gmat-club-guide-to-the-gmat-official-guide-12th-ed-85956.html

Here is the link for the OG 12 error log, its very helpful there are more error logs, checking it out, just search for error logs. you will be able to see your strength, weakness and your mistakes. I cant post link here.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2010, 05:04
I can't possibly take 1 exam a day! That's way too much n you need your energy for the actual exam. I'm taking MGMAT 4 today and hopefully reviewing some RC questions from OG12. Will let you know how it goes.
Thanks for the advice. I'm reviewing the verbal questions on OG, will be done with that in 2 days. I have downloaded some of the notes people have put together here but still haven't had the time to review them. Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ? [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2010, 09:09
Nice, there is are error log for OG 12 here if you like to download, Good Luck mate. Hope we all do good.
Re: How to Improve Verbal Score in two weeks ?   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2010, 09:09