Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 20:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to improve Verbal! Stuck at V26! Need v40 minimum! Help!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

How to improve Verbal! Stuck at V26! Need v40 minimum! Help! [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2012, 03:18
I would appreciate anyone's help out here if they let me know how I can improve my Verbal. I got a V26 on my GMAT which am sure doesn't reflect my true potential. My Q-score is always around 50/49. Verbal killed me. :-(

Did anyone out here try the e-GMAT? I am struggling with CR and RC mostly and getting SCs correct in the entire lot. I was relying more on visual reading but realised it is a bad strategy and I need to learn the concepts to crack the exam and get a high score.

After having written the exam I am sure that the exam is crackable but I need discipline and the right strategy.

Things I did:
1. SC: I finished OG 13 and Manhattan SC. I know all the rules, but somehow I didnt focus much on its application and neither did I maintain an Error Log.
- I was using Elimination for my Entire GMAT and somehow I was confident that I will be able to make it. Like many others out here, I was getting stuck at the final 2 choices and am sure I went ahead and picked most of the wrong ones.
2. CR is my weak point. I get maximum questions wrong in CR. Any tips, courses(?) that I can take to break down. I used Manhattan but that diagramming technique takes up a lot of time. I DIDNOT study Powerscore CR Bible. Should i try that?
3. RC: I was hitting 70-90% right answers in most RCs. I practiced the first 10 from OG 13 and thought it was enough. But I want to focus on RC as well and any strategy would be great to hear which has helped people out here for a high verbal score.

I would be thankful to people who can share some insights as to how to hit v40+ (min) on actual exam. I am targeting R2 and would appear GMAT again in 2 months focusing very strictly on Verbal while keeping up my Maths practice.

Many thanks!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How to improve Verbal! Stuck at V26! Need v40 minimum! Help! [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2012, 21:39
Expert's post
Hi there!

Thanks for posting, but I believe you'd have better luck on a different forum! This forum is specifically for advice around business school applications/profile assessments rather than specific questions about the GMAT.

Good luck,
Mili

Mili Mittal
Senior Consultant
http://www.mbamission.com

Read the mbaMission Insider's Guides (16 individual school titles)

Download mbaMission’s Free Personal Statement Guide

Visit the mbaMission Blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter
Intern
Intern
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: How to improve Verbal! Stuck at V26! Need v40 minimum! Help! [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2012, 02:12
I apologize for posting in the wrong forum.

Best,
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How to improve Verbal! Stuck at V26! Need v40 minimum! Help! [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2012, 21:37
Expert's post
No problem!

Mili