Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 05:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to maintain an Error Log?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

How to maintain an Error Log? [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2004, 00:54
I'm quite new to GMAT and it is much appreciated if anyone can help me to create an Error Log. I would like to see a sample Error Log as well.

Thanks in advance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 677 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2004, 11:07
Praetorian
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 677 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2004, 11:13
Dawn, you can maintian an error log as per your convenience. simply record your errors and write the correct explanations for them. you should also write down problems that you did get right ,but you guessed the right answer. In addition, if you ever used process of elimination on a problem ,that problem and its correct solution should be a part of your error log.

Just for giggles, here is something i wrote on our blog:

If you know Praetorian (thats me), you might have seen me talking about the importance of the error log. I cant help but feel that it is the single most important tool for doing well on tests like GMAT. If you are not eliminating your errors as you practice, you are wasting time and losing confidence. you will then tend to increase your prep time by a month just to feel good about the length of prep you had. Thats wrong. Maintain a discipline of identifying your errors at the end of each prep. day and write those down in your error log. No matter how boring this sounds, do it.This error log will be especially useful when you guys are in your final week of prep.

From experience, i can tell you that it is frustrating to decide what problems to go over and where to look for them. Enter the error log. Now is the time that you will feel rewarded for those boring nights when you sat down to record your errors and write explanations for yourself. I am confident that if you have covered every area that is tested on the GMAT thoroughly and if you maintained this discipline of updating and reviewing your error log everyday, your error log is probably the best prep material you can ever develop for yourself. No book, no guide, no software can ever replace notes that you have written for yourself based on your problem areas.

how you maintain your log is upto you. GMAT Club recently started offering personal forums as error logs. you can write notes , copy problems into the log etc. so you can consider that option. you need to committ to 100 posts on the forum and you are in.

Come back from the test center and come throw rocks at me if you didnt find the error log useful.

Just my advice, nothing scientific about it.

Praetorian
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Thank you [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2004, 21:10
Thank you very much Praetorian. I'll start to create an Error Log from today onwards.

regards
Thank you   [#permalink] 05 Aug 2004, 21:10