Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 12:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to make an effective Error Log

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Is a spreadsheet Error log useful if not then which one is?

• 33% [1]
  • 0% [0]
  • 0% [0]
  • 66% [2]
  • 0% [0]
  • 0% [0]
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

How to make an effective Error Log [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2012, 21:25
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi GC buddies and instructors,

My GMAT exam is due on 25th Oct 2012 and i study 7-8 hrs daily for GMAT... a li'l less self study on weekends just 1-2 hrs coz of my GMAT classes (quant class on sat and verbal on sundays) and clg studies that i need to carry along...

i have gone through the Error Logs provided on the website which has a space for marking right and wrong and source. But none of them has been able to serve my purpose and i am not able to understand the best usage of excel spreadsheets available.

I need an error log in which I can register my errors from different sources because that how I work like

For both verbal & quant :-

* 10 ques of the day posted daily by my instructors
* Princeton Books (used in weekend classes, i revise them when i come home)
* MGMAT study guides (self-study)
* 1oth OG, 12th OG, 13th OG, 2nd Verbal OG, 2nd Quant OG
* extra handouts provided by my instructors
* Mock tests
* some ques & strategies that i create myself on learning
* formulaes & Tips which classify diff kinds of problems in a topic ( say parallelism, here again we have certain definite types which cud be tested on exam)

I do a bit of this work daily coz i started with 500( ~43 quant and 17 verbal).. Now am at a 600(~48 in quant, ~26 in verbal) in a month... Am over with my quant classes but RC and CR are yet to be discussed ... Only SC has been completed .... :twisted:

So is there a suitable error log/ software which can help me create a repository of all these things coz sometimes say i just attempt 3-4 ques among the ques of the day and thus all of it creates a mess.

Also registering my errors and this review work takes a lot of my time ( around 2-3 hrs daily to classify each ques and find 4-5 more more ways to attack a problem and i do often change the problems creating a new one).... Is it Ok to give that much time on reviewing ? :oops:

Press +1Kudos :-) Thank u

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
How to make an effective Error Log   [#permalink] 13 Sep 2012, 21:25