Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 16:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to Make Essay Preparation an Easy Job?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

How to Make Essay Preparation an Easy Job? [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2011, 10:08
Hi everybody,
I need some suggestions to make my essay preparation an easy job. I am really not comfortable with my essays.
I appreciate your comments.
Cheers,
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 214 [0], given: 37

Re: How to Make Essay Preparation an Easy Job? [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2011, 14:47
Do you mean essay writing? I'm a bit confused because you say that you're not comfortable with your essays, which means you've written them...which (I assume) included essay preparation.

My suggestion to you is to have your essays read by those you trust. These personal statements are pretty personal and I know folks who will not let others read them (myself included). If you're able to share it with others, find a few friends who are both good at giving constructive criticism and good at English read them.

If you're just ready to prepare to write these essays, start thinking about the types of stories you can tell, stories that exhibit your leadership, your team skill, your initiatives, your objectives, your goals in life, etc - this part is the commonly-known "brainstorming". By having these thoughts, you can start listing off things that you can talk about. This way, while you're drafting your essays, you can bring forth various examples from all walks of life.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: How to Make Essay Preparation an Easy Job? [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2011, 14:15
h110us wrote:
Hi everybody,
I need some suggestions to make my essay preparation an easy job. I am really not comfortable with my essays.
I appreciate your comments.
Cheers,

Step 1: Brainstorm to get the best stories out.
Step 2: Go to your business school friends or a good consultant to convert these stories into powerful essays.

Good luck!
Re: How to Make Essay Preparation an Easy Job?   [#permalink] 24 Jun 2011, 14:15