Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Send PM
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28571 [2]
Given Kudos: 130
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64913 [1]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Re: How to not lose focus for GMAT preparation? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
musicnlyrx wrote:
I have been preparing for GMAT for one month. Sometimes, I keep loosing the momentum to prepare for GMAT. I do get distracted from my goal, and I am not able to get back in the same way.
I have a 6 month baby at home and I feel guilty if I do not play an active parent role. My spouse has been very supportive, she understands that I need some space to prepare for GMAT. But the guilt feeling exists.

In this scenario, what is the best way to not loose the momentum while preparing for GMAT? I am only able to devote 1 hour (max 2 hour) daily and sometimes I miss studying on weekend.

Please GMATCLUBIANS i need help from you guys.....

Research suggests that adults do not remember anything of their first 5 yrs of life. This means, as long as your baby is being nurtured by atleast one parent, he/she is happy and will not hold it against the other one later on.
If you work hard right now, do your MBA in the next two yrs and then slog for a year, by the time your child turns 5, you will be in a position to give quality time and quality life to your child. Think about that and you will be able to focus. Future of kids can be a great motivation for parents.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Thanks a lot for the great reply. I have missed studying a lot since I last posted the question here. I think I need to buck up, and visualize where I want to be next 5 years. Motivation is the only thing driving me right know. Thanks again :).

@farful - Thanks a lot for motivating me. I highly appreciate reply from someone who is in same position like me. I am sure that once GMAT is over, I can spend quality time with my family. But till then...it's war :)

@mikemcgarry - Thanks a lot for the articles. I was also thinking if I can extend my study schedule, and you provided the way. I will surely read them and try to to implement the positives out of them in my schedule.

@VeritasPrepKarishma - Thanks a lot for such a great information. The best thing is that I am preparing for MBA for my small baby only, I want to give her the best life. But I never thought in the way you told me. I am not sure why the guilty feeling exists, but I will tell myself now that this is for the baby and I have to do it. Maybe then only the focus will be on my goal. Thanks a lot :)
GMAT Club Bot