Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 05:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to reject a company that I have a chance to come back?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

How to reject a company that I have a chance to come back? [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2008, 20:58
Anyone, please advise...

I got two of offers and both I want to work for. But now, I have to reject one. How can I handle that well regarding to the fact that I already asked one company to raise salary ..etc and now I reject it. The President did many things to meet my demand... Chance that i can come back. Zero?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 236

Kudos [?]: 1478 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: How to reject a company that I have a chance to come back? [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2008, 04:07
Kurtenhamer what school are you at?

My advise is be polite, reiterate your interest -- make sure they know you want to come back for full time -- but also realize that some firms will be petty...
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: How to reject a company that I have a chance to come back? [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2008, 05:21
Thanks Rhyme.

Stanford GSB.

rhyme wrote:
Kurtenhamer what school are you at?

My advise is be polite, reiterate your interest -- make sure they know you want to come back for full time -- but also realize that some firms will be petty...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Attending Stanford
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How to reject a company that I have a chance to come back? [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2008, 06:28
Stanford!? Didn't think any current students were around... just sending you a PM now.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: How to reject a company that I have a chance to come back? [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2008, 08:24
did it work out?
VP
VP
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How to reject a company that I have a chance to come back? [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2008, 02:18
The usual advice is to explain why, while still interested in their company, it makes sense for you to do something else for the summer. Additionally, pick up the phone and don't hide behind e-mails or waiting for deadlines to pass without communicating.

L.
Re: How to reject a company that I have a chance to come back?   [#permalink] 16 Mar 2008, 02:18