Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Jul 2014, 02:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to score practice exams

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

How to score practice exams [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2011, 09:12
Hi,
I am volunteering overseas while I am trying to study for the GMATs. Since I am in a 3rd world country the internet connection is not the best and I have had to resort to taking practice tests the old fashion way, via pencil and paper. I was wondering if anyone cant point me to a website, or explain to me, how to calculate my scores so that I know about where I stand? I have looked online and seen raw score compared to scaled score, but nothing to help me figure out "OK if I got X amount wrong this is about my score." I am aware that the GMAT is an adaptive exam but I do not have the luxury of sitting on the internet for 3 hours to take a practice CAT test. Any explanation or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: PMI, PMP, IEEE
Schools: IIMA-PGPX, ISB, Darden, Wharton, INSEAD, Austin
WE 1: 6 years full-time as of Aug 2011
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How to score practice exams [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2011, 14:06
Not sure about the conversion thing, but how about buying courses that come with CATs on CD? - Kaplan, Princeton and Barrons offer CATs on CDs. Also GMAT prep is a free software that you can download and use without internet.
Seriously think about using CATs and not paper tests as it's a different feel and you need to be accustomed to staring at the screen for 3 hours.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UNC Duke Kellogg
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: How to score practice exams [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2011, 14:34
The best scores that actually help you predict your performance are the ones from the GMATPrep tests. The MGMAT and Kaplan CATs are good practice -- but the scores can be misleading. The paper tests are really not useful in scoring -- a lot has changed on the GMAT since the days of the paper tests. The paper tests are solid practice though -- but don't read into their scores. A lot of the other companies have CATs -- but most of their scoring algorithms are not very accurate. For the GMATPrep -- when you register for the GMAT you will get the free CD (in case you are unable to download the free software from mba.com).

Olenkap82 wrote:
Hi,
I am volunteering overseas while I am trying to study for the GMATs. Since I am in a 3rd world country the internet connection is not the best and I have had to resort to taking practice tests the old fashion way, via pencil and paper. I was wondering if anyone cant point me to a website, or explain to me, how to calculate my scores so that I know about where I stand? I have looked online and seen raw score compared to scaled score, but nothing to help me figure out "OK if I got X amount wrong this is about my score." I am aware that the GMAT is an adaptive exam but I do not have the luxury of sitting on the internet for 3 hours to take a practice CAT test. Any explanation or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)
Re: How to score practice exams   [#permalink] 15 Aug 2011, 14:34