Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 14:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

how to study toefl and gmat at the same time?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

how to study toefl and gmat at the same time? [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2010, 11:43
hi guys. although it was long time ago when i signed up to this forum, this is my first post here. because i'm about to start to study toefl and gmat.

the question is on the top. three months later, i am going to take toefl and gmat exams. so i have to study them at the same time. i have school one day per week. the rest of the week, i am free and i can study up to 15 hours at least per day. these are the tools what i have:

for toefl:
1- cambridge toefl ibt with cd-rom( also includes audio cd's)
2- kaplan toefl ibt with cd-rom( also includes audio cd's)
3- princeton review- cracking the toefl ibt
4- ets- offical guide to the toefl ibt
5- longman toefl ibt with cd-rom(also includes audio cd's)
6- barrons toefl ibt with cd-rom(also includes audio cd's)

for gmat:
1- manhattan- sentence correction
2- manhattan- critical reasoning & reading comprehension
3- princeton review- cracking the gmat
4- the offical guide for gmat 12th edition
5- the offical guide for gmat 10th edition
6- manhattan- fractionals, decimals and percents.

ok, what do you think about these tools? are they sufficient? hey, i didn't take any prep test yet. so i don't know where i am right now. but as general english my level is advanced.

for the quantitative i couldn't find manhattan books in my country's bookstores. so do you have any suggestion alternative to manhattan quant series? though i trust myself in maths more than in verbal.

and how about the prep tests? how often should i take a prep test? one per week? or more?

thank you in advance. ciao:)

As long as a man feels that he is the most important thing in the world, he cannot really appreciate
the world around him. He is like a horse with blinders; all he sees is himself, apart from everything
else. Death is our eternal companion. It is always to our left, an arm's length behind us. Death is the
only wise adviser that a warrior has. Whenever he feels that everything is going wrong and he's
about to be annihilated, he can turn to his death and ask if that is so. His death will tell him that he
is wrong, that nothing really matters outside its touch. His death will tell him, 'I haven't touched
you yet.'

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1984

Kudos [?]: 6419 [0], given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: how to study toefl and gmat at the same time? [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2010, 19:32
Expert's post
Welcome to GMAT Club Migelo!

It used to be that TOEFL was easy to study after GMAT but not so much with the new format and speaking/listening section that tests skills not tested on the GMAT. A few other books to suggest to your list would Kaplan Math workbook (if you don't have access to the MGMAT books) and possibly Kaplan Premier, again if you have these around.

I would focus mostly on the background/fundamentals rather than solving a lot questions.

A few other thoughts:
1. Take TOEFL first, that way you will know where the test center is and the test center environment
2. Depending on your level, 3 months may or may not be enough - set realistic goals (I would not study 15 hrs/day). Set a day off too so you dont' feel guilty
3. Take diagnostic tests soon so you know your level and weaknesses

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: how to study toefl and gmat at the same time? [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2010, 12:59
thanks bb. i will follow your advices. i wish i will beat the gmat and toefl.

As long as a man feels that he is the most important thing in the world, he cannot really appreciate
the world around him. He is like a horse with blinders; all he sees is himself, apart from everything
else. Death is our eternal companion. It is always to our left, an arm's length behind us. Death is the
only wise adviser that a warrior has. Whenever he feels that everything is going wrong and he's
about to be annihilated, he can turn to his death and ask if that is so. His death will tell him that he
is wrong, that nothing really matters outside its touch. His death will tell him, 'I haven't touched
you yet.'

Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1984

Kudos [?]: 6419 [0], given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: how to study toefl and gmat at the same time? [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2010, 19:24
Expert's post
Also, depends on your starting point. Take a GMAT Prep for a diagnostic and you'll know how high/low you'll need to climb.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Re: how to study toefl and gmat at the same time?   [#permalink] 03 Jul 2010, 19:24