Dear gmatclub members,
I really need your advice.
On 4th of December I will have my 3rd GMAT and really hope to get my dream score.
My first 2 attempts were not successfull. On the last exam I scored 620, it was in 2010.
So, this 3rd attempt is my last chance
I have been studying for almost a year, but intensively - for last 3 months. I finished:
1) all MGMAT books
My score on MGMAT CAT 1 is 550, Q37, V29 - this is after a long time of study.
I have less than 2 months to improve my score and get 700 but do not how to effectively work on my weaknesses on Quant and Verbal. Therefore, I need your advice on how to study effectively.
By the way, I have worked on my weaknesses on Quant before by re-reading the MGMAT books
, GMAT Math book and solving tough questions from gmatclub, but do not know why my score is not improving.
Here are my weaknesses:
1) Data suff. - it takes a really long time for testing and thinking various options and only 33% of them I solved correctly
2) 700-800 - when such problems appear I don't even know how to start solving them
3) Exponents, roots - wrong and slow, cannot easily simplify them
4) Absolute value inequalities - wrong and slow
5) Coordinate plane, perpendicular lines, angles - wrong and slow
6) Divisibility - wrong and slow
7) Odds and evens - time consuming to test on DS questions
8) Combinatorics and probability - on difficult questions (700-800) I do not know from where to start solving, i.e. cannot easily find the easier way of solving
9) Statistics, Consecutive integers, sets (600-700) - wrong and slow
10) Digits, ratios (700-800) - wrong and slow
1) RC (42% right), CR (64% right) - slow reading and spending great amount of time
2) SC (47% right) - it was better before on my 2 exam attempts but worsened now. Do not how to improve it in short time. I wanted to start e-gmat
on it but have no time for theory, need to work on other weaknesses too.
Also, due to poor timing I end up guessing on last 3-4 questions of Quant and 5-6 questions of Verbal.
Could you please advice me how to work effectively on weaknesses?
Thank you in advance,