Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 07:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How well should I know the stuff in GMAT Club mathbook?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

How well should I know the stuff in GMAT Club mathbook? [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 08:22
Hi,

I am going through the mathbook composed by GMAT Club. I find the content somewhat different than what I learn from M GMAT. I haven't done any mocks yet but I don't have much time to go through 126 pages. So how well am I supposed to understand the content in the mathbook? Be able to interpret every rule/concept during the exam?

Thanks in advance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1983

Kudos [?]: 6419 [0], given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: How well should I know the stuff in GMAT Club mathbook? [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 08:38
Expert's post
aquax wrote:
Hi,

I am going through the mathbook composed by GMAT Club. I find the content somewhat different than what I learn from M GMAT. I haven't done any mocks yet but I don't have much time to go through 126 pages. So how well am I supposed to understand the content in the mathbook? Be able to interpret every rule/concept during the exam?

Thanks in advance.

The GMAT Club's Math book focuses mostly on the harder topics, so you won't find some of the simpler word problems or geometry in there. Most of the topics are high level and on the 700+ side. The answer to your question depends on what score you are getting/want to get. If you are aiming for 51, you should know how to do the calculations for most questions. If you are at Q45, chances are you won't see most of those questions, so before you focus on really hard questions, make sure you can tackle Arithmetic and other areas. You should take the Quant test/tests if you have "finished" your quant review.

Good Luck!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: How well should I know the stuff in GMAT Club mathbook? [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 15:42
Thanks for the reply!
Re: How well should I know the stuff in GMAT Club mathbook?   [#permalink] 23 Jan 2014, 15:42