Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 17:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How you know you've been slacking off too much at work

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 1540 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
How you know you've been slacking off too much at work [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2007, 05:22
When you get a postcard sent to your home that says "We miss you", signed by 10 different coworkers, including your previous superiors full of comments like "I wish I was on your team, where exactly IS your office?"... and stuff like "We need you to come back to our monthly team meeting. MAYBE AS A GUEST SPEAKER!" and one of my favourites: "Damn you."

:oops: :oops: :oops:
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 1430
Location: New York, NY
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2007, 06:05
My boss asked me if we were still on for me to resign this week. He and I have been waiting about a month.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 5252
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: How you know you've been slacking off too much at work [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2007, 06:08
rhyme wrote:
When you get a postcard sent to your home that says "We miss you", signed by 10 different coworkers, including your previous superiors full of comments like "I wish I was on your team, where exactly IS your office?"... and stuff like "We need you to come back to our monthly team meeting. MAYBE AS A GUEST SPEAKER!" and one of my favourites: "**** you."

:oops: :oops: :oops:


Did somebody actually write **** you on a postcard and send it to you?
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Posts: 1360
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 183 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2007, 07:54
The postcard idea was brilliant! :lol:

L.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 1540 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: How you know you've been slacking off too much at work [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2007, 09:43
GMATT73 wrote:
rhyme wrote:
When you get a postcard sent to your home that says "We miss you", signed by 10 different coworkers, including your previous superiors full of comments like "I wish I was on your team, where exactly IS your office?"... and stuff like "We need you to come back to our monthly team meeting. MAYBE AS A GUEST SPEAKER!" and one of my favourites: "**** you."

:oops: :oops: :oops:


Did somebody actually write **** you on a postcard and send it to you?


Yea. I thought it was hilarious. It was one postcard filled with everyone's signatures.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Nov 2006
Posts: 161
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2007, 09:57
funny stuff. I passed by the office yesterday and 2 people thought it was awfully nice of me to drop by the office again after having resigned... I still have a month on my contract.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 06 May 2006
Posts: 782
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2007, 10:19
hosam wrote:
funny stuff. I passed by the office yesterday and 2 people thought it was awfully nice of me to drop by the office again after having resigned... I still have a month on my contract.


:lol:

I'm worse off... My manager came over and asked me, "So when are you leaving?" and I haven't even resigned yet!

Good bye promotion :oops:
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 2922
Schools: Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2007, 11:12
My boos has even stopped mentioning my name in the meetings even if I am present in meeting. He always mentions the person who will be my replacement.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2003
Posts: 4318
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2007, 11:34
That was a brilliant idea from your colleagues, Rhyme :)
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Posts: 1097
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2007, 11:39
paddyboy wrote:
I'm worse off... My manager came over and asked me, "So when are you leaving?" and I haven't even resigned yet!

Good bye promotion :oops:


I thought you were going to apply for 2008. So why are you leaving in near future? :?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 962
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2007, 11:40
mNeo wrote:
paddyboy wrote:
I'm worse off... My manager came over and asked me, "So when are you leaving?" and I haven't even resigned yet!

Good bye promotion :oops:


I thought you were going to apply for 2008. So why are you leaving in near future? :?

maybe his boss is assuming he is resigning a year from now?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 06 May 2006
Posts: 782
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2007, 12:47
dabots wrote:
maybe his boss is assuming he is resigning a year from now?


His boss is thinking, who'll do my presentations when he's gone :wink:
  [#permalink] 20 Jun 2007, 12:47
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic how much work experience is too much? johnnykage 1 14 Feb 2012, 09:48
45 Experts publish their posts in the topic You know you have been studying too hard for the GMAT when.. ravish 66 18 Jan 2011, 21:27
8 Any Bschool Know-Hows That You've Heard? BearStearner 21 02 Feb 2009, 08:37
Slacking at work? I got you beat! fluffydot 16 11 Apr 2007, 07:55
Display posts from previous: Sort by

How you know you've been slacking off too much at work

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.