Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jul 2016, 22:08
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

However much United States voters may agree that there is

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 31 Mar 2007
Posts: 585
Location: Canada eh
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 0

However much United States voters may agree that there is [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2007, 20:30
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 1 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

10. However much United States voters may agree that there is waste in government and that the government
as a whole spends beyond its means, it is difficult to find broad support for a movement toward a minimal
state.

(A) However much United States voters may agree that
(B) Despite the agreement among United States voters to the fact
(C) Although United States voters agree
(D) Even though United States voters may agree
(E) There is agreement among United States voters that
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 2756
Location: New York City
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 690 [0], given: 4

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2007, 20:48
look at how the portion after the conjunction AND starts. THAT parallelism.

Only AE remain. E is a run on sentence.
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 1459
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 220 [0], given: 0

Re: OG10 SC - Voters [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2007, 20:56
StartupAddict wrote:
10. However much United States voters may agree that there is waste in government and that the government
as a whole spends beyond its means, it is difficult to find broad support for a movement toward a minimal
state.

(A) However much United States voters may agree that
(B) Despite the agreement among United States voters to the fact
(C) Although United States voters agree
(D) Even though United States voters may agree
(E) There is agreement among United States voters that


This question is A and the reasons are given above.
However, Is it ok to use "much" for voters?
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 2756
Location: New York City
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 690 [0], given: 4

Re: OG10 SC - Voters [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2007, 21:12
bkk145 wrote:
StartupAddict wrote:
10. However much United States voters may agree that there is waste in government and that the government
as a whole spends beyond its means, it is difficult to find broad support for a movement toward a minimal
state.

(A) However much United States voters may agree that
(B) Despite the agreement among United States voters to the fact
(C) Although United States voters agree
(D) Even though United States voters may agree
(E) There is agreement among United States voters that


This question is A and the reasons are given above.
However, Is it ok to use "much" for voters?


much is not modifying voters. it is modifying the level of "agreeing"
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 73
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: OG10 SC - Voters [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2007, 14:52
bmwhype2 wrote:
bkk145 wrote:
StartupAddict wrote:
10. However much United States voters may agree that there is waste in government and that the government
as a whole spends beyond its means, it is difficult to find broad support for a movement toward a minimal
state.

(A) However much United States voters may agree that
(B) Despite the agreement among United States voters to the fact
(C) Although United States voters agree
(D) Even though United States voters may agree
(E) There is agreement among United States voters that


This question is A and the reasons are given above.
However, Is it ok to use "much" for voters?


much is not modifying voters. it is modifying the level of "agreeing"


yes that is the central point... when however is used in this way it is in the sense "no matter how" and when you replace it by no matter how then it is obvious that much refers to agree. good point bmw! (good car as well ;-) )
Re: OG10 SC - Voters   [#permalink] 03 Sep 2007, 14:52
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
However much United States voters may agree that there is jitgoel 4 18 Sep 2012, 12:03
32 Experts publish their posts in the topic However much United States voters may agree that there is a devinawilliam83 10 18 Jan 2012, 05:52
However much United States voters may agree that there is Hang Tuah 12 31 Oct 2006, 17:30
However much United States voters may agree that there is chanmat 7 04 Oct 2006, 22:11
However much united states voters may agree that there is navahlawat 8 13 Sep 2006, 04:58
Display posts from previous: Sort by

However much United States voters may agree that there is

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.