Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 22:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hows 800score.com

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Hows 800score.com [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2004, 17:01
Can somebody please advice on 800score.com

I have practiced OG, PR and have about 3 weeks for my GMAT.

Do you recommend downloading the 5 GMAT exams offered by 800score.com ?

How accurate are the questions (FOR BOTH SECTIONS) in comparison to the REAL GMAT ?

Hoping for a prompt reply,
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 665 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2004, 17:11
sorry for the late reply.

I have not heard too many opinions about 800score, so not sure. Have you looked at Manhattan GMAT problem archives. the 100 (maybe more) problems in there are awesome preparation for the Quant section. I used the archives very late in my prep and couldnt take full advantage, but it certainly helped to 'cement' some concepts that were shaky earlier. You have unlimited access to the archives , so you will have access as long as MGMAT is in business. :)

hope this helps
Praetorian
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2004, 12:44
Hi,

I've used 800-score test as a prep tool and they are ok, not great, but ok especially if you need extra practice. One advantage of these tests, especially when you are just starting to prepare, is that you can stop the clock until you actually think through the question and get it right, as time running out was one of the most frustrating things with PP or Kaplan when I would run out of time and start to freak out.

After doing one or two with 'stopping a clock' I was more comfortable to move on and do the tests without the 'think-breaks'. I found that getting timing right was one of the most difficult things and had to work on it a lot.

As to the level of questions - you can have a look at their free test, the level is more or less the same for all of them. It's hard to compare them to the 'real' GMAT questions that you will encounter, as these will depend on your percentile.

What stage of preparation are you in?

cheers,

hala
  [#permalink] 17 Nov 2004, 12:44